Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   SW99C parts? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/sw99c-parts-59027/)

PlasticGunner 02-28-2012 09:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hello,
I have been reading this forum for months collecting info before I bought my 1st handgun a glock 23, I never had to ask a question due to I found most by searching. This forum has been a great help.

I just bought a used SW99C because I feel that I received a good deal, I originally wanted a G27. Anyways I need a little help finding spare parts, This is a discontinued model and in no way like my Glock where I can just google and parts will just pop up.
The guide rod is what worries me the most, It just looks and feels flimsy and I would like to have an extra one on hand just in case this one goes. Does any one know if the Walther p99 compact guide rod will fit or where I may find spare parts for this sw99c? One more thing, What other parts should I stock up on for this discontinued sw99c.
Thank you for any help sent my way :)

shipwreck 03-01-2012 05:45 PM

Contact S&W and see if they have one to sell. They may still have the parts. IF not - go check out the Walther Forum and ask them if the same Walther P99c recoil spring will work. I would bet it would. The fullsize P99 and SW99 used the same guiderod. The two compacts likely does too

UrbanNinja 03-01-2012 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shipwreck
Contact S&W and see if they have one to sell. They may still have the parts. IF not - go check out the Walther Forum and ask them if the same Walther P99c recoil spring will work. I would bet it would. The fullsize P99 and SW99 used the same guiderod. The two compacts likely does too

I was going to use the same response. I have an SW99 and it swaps everything with p99. I would assume the compacts do the same.

BTW Shipwreck, +1 on the Jagr jersey. GO FLYBOYS!

shipwreck 03-01-2012 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UrbanNinja (Post 725352)
BTW Shipwreck, +1 on the Jagr jersey. GO FLYBOYS!

Haha... I actually flew up to Philly 2 weeks ago and got a jersey and photo signed by Jags :D

PlasticGunner 03-01-2012 06:52 PM

Thanks for the reply's,
I have been out of work for a few day due to a hurt back and have had a lot of time to search the net with more intense. After I posted this I have found that I needed to search for SW9940C and not just SW99C and more results would appear. I found midwayusa can special order parts but it will take about 60 days to arrive. I then found
BT guide rods and they make guide rods for the P99C, I contacted them and they told me if it does not fit they will give me a refund and that sold me, One is on the way. I did find some factory mags on Ebay and will bid on the as long as price is right. I really like this sw99c nice little gun, I like the trigger better then my G23's.

Oh I did contact S&W by Email, Not much help all they said is that the gun is discontinued and they still have parts..... Not telling me how to order them.
I will go look at the Walther forum. Thank for the help

shipwreck 03-01-2012 06:55 PM

Call the 800 # from S&W and ask for the parts department.

PlasticGunner 03-01-2012 07:01 PM

Will do, I guess I'm just so use to email.....