Summer carry - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Summer carry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-29-2012, 05:33 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3189 Times on 1808 Posts
Likes Given: 18433

I know this ain't the Glock forum but,I don't really want to shoot anybody!
If provoked to the point of live or die,I will smile while I pull the trigger and what I want is , 230 grn. .45 hollow point. The G 36 is what I carry.

Old 02-29-2012, 05:36 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by levelcross

JonM, nice rig. I like my Kimber Ultra CDP but I want something bigger for the cooler months, looking at the C3, Colt Commander and a few others.

The Ultra is a great shooter, it is showing some wear inside the frame from the recoil spring rod but has not been enough to worry me and has not gotten any worse after the first 200 rounds. It is super easy to conceal as would be the New Agent.

Don't rule out the wheel guns, several are excellent choices for more discrete carry or warmer weather.
I would highly recommend the c3. It eats every thing I feed it with zero failures, looks awesome and is ridiculously accurate.

Old 02-29-2012, 09:34 PM   #13

I carry a pps 40, or an emp 40 but for summer im going to buy the p238, hands down the nicest .380 out there. The end. Done.

Old 03-01-2012, 12:25 PM   #14

Liked 163 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 260

I am smitten by the C3, it is not if but when I get one LOL. It is good to hear that all of the comments on it are positive, it just feels so right in my hand.

I feel that the wife will get her Colt Commander first, after I get my daughter and future son in law a matching set and get them painted, she wants pink tiger stripes and he wants desert camo. You have got to love a family that shoots together, we have 3 generations at the range often.

Don't question my right to own a gun and I won't question your stupidity not to.

You give Peace a chance, we will cover you if it doesn't work out.

Old 03-01-2012, 01:11 PM   #15

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

From an earlier post:

The Colt 21st Century Commander IS the next carry pistol I will own. Yes, I will be going back to .45 ACP and retiring the Browning.

It will be the first "new" gun that I have no intention of changing from the way it comes out of the box! It doesn't need a thing except ammo. (Well maybe some Tripp Research Cobra Mags....but that's it!)

From Colt;

The 21st Century Commander is a Talo exclusive Series 70 Style commander designed by Wiley Clapp.

"Everything you need, nothing you don't."

Features
  • Series 70 Firing System
  • Lightweight Aluminum Alloy Frame
  • Original 1911 Small Safety Lock
  • Front and Rear Slide Serrations
  • Long Black Trigger
  • Flat Smith and Alexander checkered Mainspring Housing
  • Colt Beavertail Grip Safety
  • Novak Wide Notch Rear Sight
  • Novak Brass Bead Front Sight
  • Tactical Oval grips with fingerprint checkering
  • Pete Single 25 lpi checkered front strap
  • Special Serial Number

If $ is not an issue, take a look at NightHawk:

T3

Talon II Bobtail

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 03-01-2012, 02:01 PM   #16
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1989 Times on 1078 Posts
Likes Given: 592

I have a Sig 238 and a G36. Both have night sights. I have been drooling over a Kimber Ultra Carry with night sights $933 otd ($433 otd trade). My G36 has been 100% reliable with anything I have stuffed in it so it is hard for me to justify the Kimber. The G36 only weighs 27 oz loaded with 6+1 of 230 grn HP. The small 1911's weigh 25 oz empty. Where I live it pretty much has to be pocket carry. Cargo shorts and a DeSantis Super Fly. if you are not in AC all day. If I wear a loose shirt over a T, I could carry the G36 iwb and I might get by without the T or a very loose T if I used a shielded iwb holster like the Theise. If you are wide in the shoulders and narrow at the hips, you could get by with a shoulder rig and a loose shirt. The holster is going to be a big factor in what and how you can carry. The Sig 938 will be available shortly and is a slightly larger version of the 238 in 9mm.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 03-02-2012, 03:02 AM   #17

Ill have to check out that sig. Thanks for the replies guys.