Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Storeing my handgun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2012, 02:18 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by levelcross

I put a couple bags of instant rice in my safe every month to keep moisture out. It works good in tool boxes too if needed. I store my guns in a rubber coated vertical rack while in the safe. Even then I wipe them down at least every week.
Do you keep the bags open?

I keep silicone wipes every where I have guns. And wipe them down once a week or every time I handle them. One in the car, the closet (no safe yet), the cleaning bag, night stand, and shooting bag.

Old 03-15-2012, 12:31 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 162 Times on 114 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck4Glocks View Post
Do you keep the bags open?

I keep silicone wipes every where I have guns. And wipe them down once a week or every time I handle them. One in the car, the closet (no safe yet), the cleaning bag, night stand, and shooting bag.
No, I use the kind that you boil in the bag, it already has holes in the bag. A wise old man in a machine shop told me about it. I have been doing it for about...well we will just say for many years LOL.

I also keep wipe down rags everywhere I keep one of my guns. I feel rust is just neglect and the way the court system is today I would hate to be charged with gun neglect.

Don't question my right to own a gun and I won't question your stupidity not to.

You give Peace a chance, we will cover you if it doesn't work out.