Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Still not clicking... DA and Double Strike.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2010, 12:45 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepcreep927 View Post
I have tried dozens of times to "re-strike" a round that misfired, with various M9's. If it failed the first time it nearly always failed no matter how many times you tried. Most of the time, the round could be ejected and reloaded into the chamber in a different position and it would fire.

As far as self defense goes, if your expecting a bang and get a click, immediate action drill, no matter if you have a double action or not. I wouldn't buy a striker fired gun that had some magical second strike capability based on that feature alone.

I dont know where they got the 80% figure, in the past i dont think i have ever gotten a bad round to go off even with multiple attempts. We didn't buy the gun based on that feature, just saw it after i had bought it, and was reading a little more about it. She used to carry a .22 so this gun fits her very well - just glad i got her up to a .380. Next mission... the 40. Guess i will have to start looking at which .40's they have in pink!

Old 11-23-2010, 12:50 AM   #12

Liked 123 Times on 92 Posts
Likes Given: 13

380 with Buffalo Bore 100 gr is more than adequate. Why move her up?

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 11-23-2010, 01:02 AM   #13

Liked 761 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 456

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepcreep927 View Post
As far as self defense goes, if your expecting a bang and get a click, immediate action drill, no matter if you have a double action or not.
Gotta agree...that split second hesitation could cost you your life. Tap, Rack and Roll should be your first and only instinctive response to a FTF...

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 11-26-2010, 10:52 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by willfully armed View Post
380 with Buffalo Bore 100 gr is more than adequate. Why move her up?
You think so? I felt that way for a while, but seems like popular opinion pushes for a .40, so that is what i set as a goal for her. But i would love to stop here. Just want to make sure she has what she needs. My kids, and my wife are the most important things here on earth to me in my life. I worry too much about them.

Old 11-26-2010, 01:35 PM   #15
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 2255 Times on 1185 Posts
Likes Given: 153

Irregardless of arguements for or against second strike...A company must try to stand out in the crowd of gun makers. The choices we have now are very broad. Taurus needs to stand out from Ruger, Glock, Sig, S&W, Beretta, and on and on, They cannot hope to survive by saying "our guns are just like Glock and Ruger, only ours are made iin Brazil and cost less" Not much of a marketing plan there.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball