Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Sterling Arms?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2011, 04:12 AM   #81
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickP View Post
Benning Boy,
For a moment I had you confused with Emma Peel.
I guess anything short of a 1911 is just not enough for you---Thought a sense of humor was in order here,but I guess I was mistaken.
Not quite sure what you're talking about.

If you're a pirate, stand and be recognized.

If there was something funny, elaborate, because I missed it. I like funny.

Old 07-11-2011, 03:51 PM   #82

The whole idea of taking a Sterling 380 seriously is a bit over the top. Anyone who has any experience with one knows it is best used as a paperweight in a room where none of your friends go. Sort of like the old biker thing about a brother on a Honda is like a sister in a whorehouse, a bad joke right out of the box.
As far as pirates go,what's that about?

Last edited by RickP; 07-11-2011 at 03:57 PM.

Old 07-12-2011, 02:26 AM   #83

Liked 17 Times on 6 Posts

Hey Rick.............. What other guns are you interested in? ...... Shoot as a paper puncher or hunter......... or both?

Old 07-12-2011, 10:48 AM   #84

Maverick,
I've only recently started to develope an interest in shooting. Mostly paper. I don't have anything real serious as yet, but I do like the Ruger P95 that my son left me when he passed. I've got a couple of old .22 rifles that I can spend a day with and not drop a whole lot of cash on ammo.( Always a consideration on a limited income! )
B.T.W. I have a 7mm. Mauser ( Spanish? ) that has matching numbers,but it shoots like crap. Someone sugested replacing the barrel.Is that feasable,or is the gun just not worth it? Are there still barrels available for this gun?

Old 07-13-2011, 03:01 AM   #85

Liked 17 Times on 6 Posts

New shooter ...........Hmmm........ You seem to dislike the Sterling pretty quick... understandable................ it does not feel right to me either......

Pirate?.............. post a couple times and disappear ......... causing contoversy ...... thats the basic deffinition.

You are a new shooter ............... if you are serious ...... ask away ...... there are VERY KNOWLEDGABLE folks on here ..............

BTW .............. the Sterling thread is notorious for seeing 1-3 posters.

Just have fun ...... gain knowledge as a new shooter ........... we don't bite ...... hard (often)..................

Old 07-13-2011, 03:40 PM   #86

Maverick,
Thanks for the reply. I still wonder if anyone could give me a little advice on the Mauser. I know it's not a collector piece,but it is a complete carbine,and I would like it to shoot straight. It seems that it just wont hit the same spots two times in a row, even resting it on sandbags. Someone told me the barrel might be "burnt out " and that it could be replaced. I haven't seen any barrels on the web, and am not sure I could do the swap myself even if I found one. Any thoughts?
And as far as 1 to three posts on the Sterling, the way the replies came on I don't wonder why. I can't be the only one that has had the (mis)fortune of owning one of these. I must really be a loser,because I've also had a Raven.25 go through my hands as quick as I could get rid of it.
I am thinking about a Ruger Mk.III to hunt paper with. What do you think?

Last edited by RickP; 07-13-2011 at 03:54 PM.

Old 12-01-2011, 02:03 PM   #87

Default 22 sterling husky

i have the original box paper work and wrapping paper it came in.on the end of box its hand written[ for pat lee and serial number is 000001 i was told this was the mans wife.its in great shape.can anyone tell me anymore about this or the worth of the gun thanks

Old 12-04-2011, 06:28 PM   #88

Jim,
I have one in .380. It's not a great gun, and from my experience here,not too popular. Mine does go bang when you pull the trigger, but I've never had too much faith in where the bullet would go. I don't know what one would be worth,but they do make an unusual paperweight.
If you have one and enjoy shooting it,then have fun with it. Try to find the ammo it likes, mine was choosy, and keep it clean and oiled.
The guys that follow these posts can be more help than I can. Good luck.

Old 12-05-2011, 05:57 PM   #89

Default I Have a Sterling 302 to sell

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishboy View Post
I own a model #300 .25 auto the #302 is the .22lr. Sterling`s are very similar to the Baby Browning of years back.
It`s true they will stovepipe with cheap ammo. Aluminum cases are the worst.(maybe a spring thing) I`ve had mine for 20+ years and have learned that it is a great gun for your pocket, and accurate for such a small barrel, I believe because it`s a fixed barrel. If anyone has one they are unhappy with I`ll be glad to take it off thier hands. I have a CWP permit for S.C.(Concealed Weapons Permit) That`s what we call it. My carry is a Taurus PT709 Slim, but when you`re wearing shorts 9 months out of the year, you appreciate a small pocket gun.
Fishboy,

I have a Sterling 302 in excellent condition with Bianchi holster to sell. It has been fired LESS than 1 box of ammo. Are you interested?

Old 03-06-2012, 07:14 AM   #90

Default Sterling 302

Quote:
Originally Posted by duvey85 View Post
I would get both, as they are not too expensive...
bob...
That's what I did...

Mk3StenMan