Sterling Arms? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Sterling Arms?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2009, 03:42 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 12 Times on 3 Posts

is it sterling armament ltd.
or
sterling arms corp?

Old 03-10-2009, 05:20 AM   #12

If you are considering buying a Sterling take my advice and run, don't walk, in the opposite direction.

About 30-35 years ago I bought a new Sterling .22 LR pocket size pistol to keep in my wife's car's glove box as a knockabout type pistol on camping trips that she could also use for defense if necessary. I believe I paid about $75 plus tax for it, which in today's money would probably be around $200 or more. It turned out to be the most unreliable gun of any type that I have ever bought, borrowed, or even heard about. It was extremely unreliable with every brand and type of .22LR ammo I could find, and because of that I never let my wife use it as I had planned to. After firing maybe 2 or 3 hundred rounds with at least that many malfunctions the firing pin broke, and since Sterling had gone out of business I couldn't find parts for it. Several years later I turned it in for $25 at a police dept gun buy-back event and said good-by to bad rubbish.

Old 03-10-2009, 02:09 PM   #13

Liked 29 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Stamped on slide

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcp1987 View Post
is it sterling armament ltd.
or
sterling arms corp?
It's stamped Sterling Arms on the slide of my .380. I bought it back in 81 when I got divorced. My future ex made some "veiled" threats so I went to the local sporting goods store (this was 1981 in Costa Mesa, Kalifornia) and picked up the Sterling. I didn't have any problems with it and when I first took it to the Sheriff's range on Katella in the city of Orange, Kalifornia, the rangemaster was very helpful in getting the rear sight set up. He had to "modify" his screwdriver to get the screw out but he got it done.

I haven't fired it in years and now that I live in Las Vegas, I think (when I find the box it's stored in) I'll check it out, reclean it and go to the range and run a few rounds through it. If it's still functional, I'll get it registered (Clark county is the only county in Nevada that requires handgun registration) and then use it as my concealed carry weapon. It's a lot smaller and lighter than my Sig Sauer P226 .40 cal.

Old 03-10-2009, 11:02 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by precisioniskey View Post
I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of the company Sterling Arms? If so, where could I find more information on them?

They were a maker of cheap pocket guns, for the most part, and thankfully are out of business. I had one on my desk for years (minus the firing pin) that I used for a paperweight. You know, a paperwieght for way back when things were actually on paper & not in a computer...lol

Old 03-10-2009, 11:20 PM   #15

Liked 1424 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

WELCOME 8000F, glad to have you aboard. Got a little favorite marina bar in Rock Harbor at MM 97.5 ocean side. And the Lorelei at MM 82 bayside just South of Holiday Isle.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 03-29-2009, 05:13 PM   #16

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default Sterling to get rid of?

If you'd like to get rid of your Sterling .22 through my FFL, please PM me with condition and price.

Old 04-20-2009, 03:41 AM   #17

sterling firearms also known as bingham squires arms co are a philippines company.
now known as armscor.
through the 60s and 70s mass amounts of their model 20 , 15 shot semi auto 22lr were imported into australia for rabbit and fox hunting.
they were a very cheap and reliable weapon and most aussie boys grew up with them.

Old 12-08-2009, 01:12 AM   #18

Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt mccormick View Post
I'd like to know what you found out . I am looking to find parts for a sterling 22 lr semi auto stainless pistol . Have found out anyway of contacting the co direct ?
Yes You can get parts..Get in touch with Numrich Arms in West Hurley NY...They have anything you want..I have the 22 stainless, and I have bought parts...Do you have any problems firing the 22 cartridge? I have a solution to the weak spring for the firing pin...

Old 01-03-2010, 10:33 PM   #19

Default sterling arms

I have a side by side shotgun that has sterling arms co on the left side below the barrel base and projectile steel on the right side of the barrel.Can anyone give me any info on that gun.

Old 01-03-2010, 11:14 PM   #20

Liked 17 Times on 9 Posts

I used to have a Sterling arms .25acp pocket pistol.
It was the most unreliable piece of junk I ever pulled the trigger on.
Literally every round would stove pipe, tweaking the feed lips on the magazine didn't help much.
So I got rid of it a couple years ago and went without a pocket sized pistol until a month or so ago, when I bought my Keltec p32.