Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   Sterling Arms? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/sterling-arms-217/)

precisioniskey 05-04-2007 03:40 PM

Sterling Arms?

I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of the company Sterling Arms? If so, where could I find more information on them?

RONSERESURPLUS 05-14-2007 04:52 PM

Sterling Arms

Hello all

Ron L here = Seresurplus

I believe Sterling Firearms is OUT OF BUSINESS? They used to make a small Line of Blowback Semi-auto pistols in Like small model 22LR and .25ACP,
then they had another Model in 380, That was about all I ever saw? They were alive and well i the 80's but disapeared after about 85! I wish I couild tell ya more, but to be honest, thats all I know? I hope it helps some samll degree?

RON

PS: They seemed well made, I never fired any but the 25ACP it worked well with FMJ?

robocop10mm 07-05-2007 05:43 PM

Sterling arms

I have handled a Sterling .380 stainless. It impressed me as a well made gun that was resonably accurate. Have not seen one in over 10 years.

Cliff47 07-05-2007 06:48 PM

I have seen a Sterling Arms in .380 at a number of gun shows in my area (Western Washington), and wondered why it hasn't sold. Well, now I know.
Thought it might have had an monstrously heavy trigger pull, or some other design defect.

Euromutt 04-17-2008 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by precisioniskey (Post 806)
I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of the company Sterling Arms? If so, where could I find more information on them?

I don't know whether they're still around, but Sterling used to be a British arms manufacturer, based in Dagenham, Essex. Among other things, they produced the Sterling SMG and the AR-18 rifle. The actual name of the company has varied, as ownership changed hands at least once; it's been "Sterling Engineering Co. Ltd." and "Sterling Armaments Company." They may have gone under completely after the Sterling SMG was phased out of British service in 1988.

rinaldodan 11-26-2008 07:06 PM

sterling arms

Sterling started about 1967 in Buffalo, in 1971 joined with E&R products for more efficient manufacturing. In 1977 moved to Lockport ,NY. Good product & sales up to 1982.
Closed in 1983 during bad econmy period, poor sales & product liability. Overall, a well made, accurate firearm,
at least in the Model 400 MKII, a .380 semi stainless.

BillM 11-27-2008 02:39 PM

They also made a top break single shot pistol, somewhat like a TC Contender.
I've got one in 44 mag, nicely made gun. I've also had a couple of Sterling
22's (mdl 300? 302? ) over the years. They were cheap little pocket guns, but
a step up from the Bryco/Jennings/Lorcin stuff.

matt mccormick 12-28-2008 07:30 PM

sterling arms co lockport ny

I'd like to know what you found out . I am looking to find parts for a sterling 22 lr semi auto stainless pistol . Have found out anyway of contacting the co direct ?

BillM 12-28-2008 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matt mccormick (Post 57923)
I'd like to know what you found out . I am looking to find parts for a sterling 22 lr semi auto stainless pistol . Have found out anyway of contacting the co direct ?

If you are looking for parts for the small pocket 22 (model 302?) then
here is about as good as it gets:

http://www.e-gunparts.com/productschem.asp?chrMasterModel=2020z302

Numrich also has a few parts for other models. Heck--some of the models
had less that 100 units produced, so spare parts are going to be
pretty slim.

I've had a few of the little Sterlings, and they have one irritating
"feature". The grip panel is thin enough that you will pinch the
trigger bar with a tight grip. Pull trigger--nothing. Relax grip--
bang. Slightly disconcerting.

davynavy 03-07-2009 03:53 AM

Sterling .25 Auto

I have a Sterling .25 auto and wondering if anyone knew or had a manual for it. I have no idea when the last time it was fired or how to take it apart. I like to fire it at least once. Seem to be a well built gun.