Started as one debate, ended up as two... - Page 9
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Started as one debate, ended up as two...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2011, 03:13 AM   #81
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I would have to say for military M9 and Aimpoint.

I'm in the military and that's what we use. They both are simple to use and durable. Both needed with the troops we have coming in the military these days!

But as for what I would choose and i have they are in my gun locker a glock 17Long slide and a EoTech.

But above all the best pistol is the 1911 I shoot better with it then Anything.

Old 10-30-2011, 05:16 AM   #82

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyCDT View Post
I would have to say for military M9 and Aimpoint.

I'm in the military and that's what we use. They both are simple to use and durable. Both needed with the troops we have coming in the military these days!

But as for what I would choose and i have they are in my gun locker a glock 17Long slide and a EoTech.

But above all the best pistol is the 1911 I shoot better with it then Anything.
I used to love seeing the Pogey's running around with the magazine inserted backwards in their M16. The pointy end of the bullet is supposed to point to the front!!!

Old 10-30-2011, 05:53 AM   #83

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
I used to love seeing the Pogey's running around with the magazine inserted backwards in their M16. The pointy end of the bullet is supposed to point to the front!!!
Tell that to my gunny before he tries practice at 500 thinking he's all super cool. Some leadership.... Lol

Old 10-30-2011, 08:19 AM   #84
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 237 Times on 134 Posts
Likes Given: 518

Yeah there is alot of folks in the military that need better training of the mind, I once had a officer (not a green horn, a proven officer) that was all about it and everything very HUH! But when we go to qualify at the range, he needed help with assembly and disassembly of his m4!

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Old 10-30-2011, 07:00 PM   #85

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by colmustard View Post
Yeah there is alot of folks in the military that need better training of the mind, I once had a officer (not a green horn, a proven officer) that was all about it and everything very HUH! But when we go to qualify at the range, he needed help with assembly and disassembly of his m4!
See it's things like that that make me so mad. Why would I then want that officer to be my co and lead me into combat? Rediculous...

Old 10-30-2011, 07:16 PM   #86

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I had to help my Louie clean his M16 (before we got so many M4's to go around). But I can somewhat understand that, as he was a brand new butterbars and didn't have much time with the rifle, and rarely fired it on the training ranges.

I just had to point out the things to look for and give him some verbal pointers on how to clean it, and he flew through it, learned very quickly.

He proved himself in combat later. Charged a Tallywacker cave with nothing but an E-tool and Bayonet. Somehow managed to survive it too.

Old 10-30-2011, 07:24 PM   #87

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
I had to help my Louie clean his M16 (before we got so many M4's to go around). But I can somewhat understand that, as he was a brand new butterbars and didn't have much time with the rifle, and rarely fired it on the training ranges.

I just had to point out the things to look for and give him some verbal pointers on how to clean it, and he flew through it, learned very quickly.

He proved himself in combat later. Charged a Tallywacker cave with nothing but an E-tool and Bayonet. Somehow managed to survive it too.
Knarly butterboy! That's awesome though.