Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   Started as one debate, ended up as two... (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/started-one-debate-ended-up-two-50190/)

USMC_Richey 10-20-2011 07:23 AM

Started as one debate, ended up as two...

My cousin is a ranger, and because of this, he thinks he is a know it all because I'm just a marine that scraps. We got into one debate and ended up fighting about two concepts just minutes later... So to settle it, I wanna see what you guys have to say.

First off:
Which 9mil is better, M9A1 or Glock 17?

Second:
Which is better, EoTech or Aimpoint m4s?

For the record I'm for the 92 and the EoTech.

Kabraxis 10-20-2011 07:36 AM

i agree with you. but maybe because im a marine that scrapes too? (in the making at least)

winds-of-change 10-20-2011 08:19 AM

I really don't know much about any of the items you asked about but doesn't just matter your personal preference? I'm not sure there's a hard and fast answer for your questions.

spittinfire 10-20-2011 09:49 AM

How about this response from a fellow Marine.

All 9mms suck, get a 45 and real men use open sights.

If forced to pick between those items I would go for the M9 and the Eotech.

HOSSFLY 10-20-2011 10:32 AM

Quote:

For the record I'm for the 92 and the EoTech.
I agree ;)

SEMPER FI

danf_fl 10-20-2011 10:43 AM

Although the Glock is okay for some people, it is not for me.

I like the EoTech.

JonM 10-20-2011 01:26 PM

Former military police us army. Both glock 17 and m9 suck major rocks. Neither is a natural pointing gun both feel like your trying to hold onto a 2x4 covered in oatmeal.

Either springfield xdm or 1911 is the way to go.

Not a fan of red dots open sights are faster. They are great if your an untrained shooter but a detriment to someone that has spent he time to learn irons.

MrWray 10-20-2011 05:40 PM

Between the glock and M9 i vote the glock just because the Glock is what i was first introduced to when i first started in LE and have used them for duty ever since.. I am with you on the Eotech, its what i use on my M4

USMC_Richey 10-20-2011 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spittinfire (Post 605825)
How about this response from a fellow Marine.

All 9mms suck, get a 45 and real men use open sights.

If forced to pick between those items I would go for the M9 and the Eotech.

How about your a boot and your just jealous because your not an officer. ;)

So I'm forcing you and you're on my side. Perfect. lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM (Post 605916)
Former military police us army. Both glock 17 and m9 suck major rocks. Neither is a natural pointing gun both feel like your trying to hold onto a 2x4 covered in oatmeal.

Either springfield xdm or 1911 is the way to go.

Not a fan of red dots open sights are faster. They are great if your an untrained shooter but a detriment to someone that has spent he time to learn irons.

While the xdm is a fine gun and 1911's are always nice (especially nighthawk), I still like the m9 better. The polymer frame ruins it for me on xd's and if I were to get a 1911 I'd have to drop 3k and get a Nighthawk. I impulse buy, don't tempt me... :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrWray (Post 606060)
Between the glock and M9 i vote the glock just because the Glock is what i was first introduced to when i first started in LE and have used them for duty ever since.. I am with you on the Eotech, its what i use on my M4

Yeah I hear ya, a lot of people are like that. For that reason so many people love glocks because it's what they know and have always known: simplicity, accuracy and reliability.

trip286 10-20-2011 08:27 PM

The GLOCK was more comfortable for me to shoot, but my accuracy was better with the M9. I pick M9 in this case, because hits count.

Eotech or Aimpoint? No opinion, I never used either of them.

I would still take the SAW over any other weapon offered to me. Even a 3k dollar nighthawk.