Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Started as bad day, but ended a little better.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2009, 06:37 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

I'm sure Kimber must have changed something in the finishing process. I've had a couple later models but I still didn't have the rusting problem. If you can find one, get a 1st generation model (before the "II") and it's as fine a 1911 as any made. This Gold Match is my flagship and it shoots every bit as good as it looks. BTW, I paid $695 for my Colt Commander NIB about 3 months ago...

Old 09-07-2009, 06:38 AM   #12

Liked 39 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Hey Sarge, congrats on your CZ52, just refinish it and check for worn decocker parts and you will have a gun forever.... and the 7.62x25mm is a very nice SD round.
You have some kind of fondness for surplus guns aren't you?
You still have the Mossin and the Makarov?

“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my dear friend, is the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Dr. Adrian Rogers”

TELL CHAVEZ NOW! CLICK HERE

Old 09-07-2009, 12:37 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

SGT, I'm not far behind you and I haven't even fired mine yet. I have a hard time trusting my life with something I have to store in a zip lock bag full of oil in order to keep it for rusting. If I unload this one I will either get an XD45 compact or if I decide to get a 1911 it will be stainless and not a Kimber.
A good friend has one and has had it for years with no rust issues what so ever so I'm not sure. I've handled come Kimber rifles and for what they are asking for them they are very disappointing. I can't say how they shoot but fit and finish is definatly lacking.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 09-07-2009, 04:01 PM   #14

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

AsmelEduardo posted:

Quote:
You still have the Mossin and the Makarov?
No, I don't have either of those anymore. I like certain surplus weapons, but not all of them (I did like the Mosin and the PA63, though, I decided to get rid of them for varying reasons). The thing that draws me to surplus is the fact that they have stood the test of time, and they are usually built tougher than most other firearms. Most people dismiss surplus as "cheap", but I disagree.

I have thought about refinishing the CZ-52, but we'll see. It's mean and ugly right now, and I kinda like that.

I'm still geeking out about the performance of the 7.62x25mm round. The round is still cheap, so I plan on purchasing tons more. I still have over 900 rounds of it left, but I want more...lol.

Old 09-07-2009, 11:52 PM   #15

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Sorry you had a problem with your gun.

I have a Kimber Pro CDP II in .45 acp and I love it.

I've had it over a year, and bought it after shooting a Kimber that a man I know happen to have at the range that day.

He told me he's never had a problem either.

I daily carry my Kimber in cool weather (under coat) - in summer it's hot here and I'm sure my sweat gets on the Kimber at the range - I take it home and wipe it down with a inexpensive wipe cloth I bought at a gun show.

I added a crimson trace laser site and I love them both - lot's of shots down range now and never a burp.

Too bad I'm not a better shot

I hope you get a gun you like.

Old 09-08-2009, 03:51 AM   #16
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I miss my Kimber and can't wait until I can afford another one. Never saw rust on mine, then again I own a 1955 S&W 45 wheel gun and never saw rust on it either. I live in a wet part of the country. I guess I'm lucky or compulsive on how I care for my guns.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 09-08-2009, 05:35 AM   #17

Liked 39 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Just 2 Mags? and that is your Holster?
Cheap Extra Mags for $13!
Midddle of the road...
Or expensive ones...
And buy some universal fit holster, like those from Uncle's Mike...
Refinish it and you have a gun for a lifetime...
Congrats again Sarge.
And where is the video-review?

“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my dear friend, is the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Dr. Adrian Rogers”

TELL CHAVEZ NOW! CLICK HERE

Old 09-08-2009, 02:45 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

I like the CZ52. Have you done a mental comparison to the PA63/makarov~?

Old 09-10-2009, 02:50 AM   #19

Default Kimber rebluing

I have had several people send me thier Kimbers to refinish I do not know what the deal is with the finish on them.