Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Star model 30m

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2009, 03:55 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Star model 30m

Hi! guys,

I'm looking for parts for my Star model 30M especially some mags and grips. Does anyone have an idea where I could find them???
(I've tryied Gunbroker, Gunclip and pretty much all google answers even bought a promag who whose crap!)

thank's

MrFrogg

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-02-2009, 04:00 PM   #2

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Have you looked at any Spanish gun shops? Several of them have banners on armas.es (Spanish gun forums), if you can't understand the language just e-mail them in English. Or you can send me a private message with whatever you need translated and I'll do it.

Astra 30Ms were the standard issue sidearms of Guardias Civiles and other Spanish law enforcement agencies, so spare parts should be plentyfull (they were only recently replaced with Beretta's in the Guardia Civil).

You can also try searching Google in Spanish.

Magazines = Cargadores

Grips = Cachas

Spare parts = Repuestos

There are lots of Astra parts for sale at www.todocoleccion.net (type Astra in the box with the little magnifying glass and click on "buscar", it means "search").

Last edited by Franciscomv; 04-02-2009 at 04:02 PM.

Old 04-02-2009, 04:28 PM   #3

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

I found magazines for my Star 9mm BKM on these two sites.

Gun Parts .com
Magazines for over 1100 Models, Bob's Gun Shop

Gun Clips.com
star bk/bm/bkm gun magazine

"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors."

Old 04-02-2009, 07:11 PM   #4

Liked 39 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFrogg View Post
I'm looking for parts for my Star model 30M especially some mags and grips. Does anyone have an idea where I could find them??? (I've tryied Gunbroker, Gunclip and pretty much all google answers even bought a promag who whose crap!)
Models 28, 30 & 31
The 28/30/31 series can use Smith & Wesson 59xx (eg: 5906, 5946) magazines with no modification. Note that this only applies to magazines of exact factory configuration. Many aftermarket magazines are somewhat squarer on the front, so will not fit in the Star pistols.
If you have a .40 caliber M31P, Smith & Wesson .40 caliber magazines for the 40xx series of pistols will work the same way. The Smith mags do have a hump at the front to prevent their insertion in their 9 mm pistols, but this could presumably be pushed in or filed away (I have never done so myself). For either one, the floorplate mates with the bottom of the grip in a way that some find slightly ugly, but it does work just fine.
Neither of these work if you left the magazine safety in. In that case, the mag sorta-kinda shoves the mag safety up, and will cause trigger pull inconsistency and trouble. I would remove it, but you could probably cut and punch out the little mag safety shelf into the magazine body also, if you wanted to.

Have you tried Numrich?

Or Bob's Gun Shop?

Try to send a email to: iparguns@iparguns.com

Regards...
“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my dear friend, is the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Dr. Adrian Rogers”

TELL CHAVEZ NOW! CLICK HERE