SR9 value
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > SR9 value

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2011, 04:46 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 38 Times on 14 Posts

Default SR9 value

I sold my Sigma, not becaue I did not like it but becaue it was not as left hand friendly as the SR9 is. Can the SR9 be bought for under $400 new?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-07-2011, 04:48 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1176 Times on 511 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Here in Sacramento, they go for around $420. So it should be a bit less for you since you live in America.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 01-07-2011, 04:49 PM   #3

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

I see them for 375 to 450 on gunbroker. How was the sigma not friendly. I had one and am a lefty and had to trouble with it at all. I'm curious as to how it was not good for you.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 01-07-2011, 04:51 PM   #4

Liked 24 Times on 7 Posts

They are $401 at Bud's and if you add in the FFL fee (or tax if you buy local) - then no...

Ruger SR9 9MM 17R Stainless $401.00 SHIPS FREE

Old 01-07-2011, 04:57 PM   #5

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

$399 + tax at my local Academy NIB.

Old 01-07-2011, 05:06 PM   #6

Liked 38 Times on 14 Posts

I am not a sigma basher. I like the gun did the trigger fix and it worked fine. The trigger with the fix was OK but not great. The left handed part is a ambi safty and mag release. Not big deals but works for me. The only trouble I had with the sigma was not the guns fault but the ammo[reloads] Its a good gun, but I was thinking of a mag release and safty if I carry with one in the chamber. I would not tell anyone they would have any trouble with a sigma except for all the bias against them. You will get pummeled by many, this is not to say don't buy it because of what others think by mistake but be prepared you will get a lot of "why did you buy that gun for" I did not sell mine becaue of this, but I had to drop my index finger to release the mag. On the SR9 I can use my thumb like big boys do. LOL.

Old 01-07-2011, 05:24 PM   #7

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

The Sigma was made much like a Glock. The only real safety is not to pull the trigger. I wasn't getting mad or defensive or anything. I was just curious as to how it was not right for you being left handed. I'll admit it is more right hand friendly but I personally didn't have any real issues being I had shot a few Glocks before buying the Smith. The longer, heavier pull is the safety according to Smith. Carrying one on the chamber really is no different than doing it with a double action or a Glock Safe Action. But you must have not been comfortable with this and that's fine. The SR9 might do it for you. You might also want to look at a FNP 9. It has the poly frame but as an external hammer and an ambi safety and decocker. They are over your 400.00 limit though. But a very fine pistol. I personally own the Browning Pro 40. It was the American version of the FNP. It's the only poly frame weapon I own. I like an external hammer much more and being left handed it's kind of nice to have the ambi fire controls. I'm not trying to change your mind or anything. I just thought if the ambi thing was important you might want to look at one. Buds has them at 397.00 for the 9mm and 49S&W

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 01-08-2011, 12:59 AM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I got my SR40 for $379+tax about a month after the came out.

Old 01-10-2011, 02:03 AM   #9

Default SR9 & SR9c

I saw the SR9C in both black and stainless yesterday at the gun show for $389
I have the Stainless and I reeally love it. As for ammo types, it eats everything!

Sig P238
Ruger SR9c
Kahr PM9

Old 01-10-2011, 04:01 AM   #10
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Drum gave some solid advice for a lefty. I carry a S&W M&P45 and before that a FNP40. Not in the price range your looking at all the same if you didn't like the Sigma these are good choices for the next step up. haven't owned an SR9 but have heard good things about the pistol.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.