sr9

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > sr9

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2009, 05:53 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default sr9

Anybody out there own a ruger sr9??? if so I am looking for some insight...
Do you like it,, does it handle and shoot well, any jams or problems???
thanks
ripcord

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-06-2009, 12:18 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 244 Times on 192 Posts
Likes Given: 30

I shot one and I liked it a lot. Seemed pretty accurate (I'm probably not the best reference there), and it combines high capacity magazines with a very slim profile. If you prefer a slimmer gun the SR9 should be near the top of your list.

I almost bought one a couple weeks back, before finding a CZ that was too good to pass up. But if you like the fit and feel of it, the SR9 seems to be one of the better values out there right now.

Old 08-06-2009, 12:26 AM   #3

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

The SR9 is a great value. The trigger is a little on the heavy side, but that can be fixed by either some gunsmith work, or firing hundreds of rounds downrange (the latter is funner). The grip has a couple different backstraps to fit your hand well (I recommend the backstrap that mimicks the 1911 style flat mainspring housing).

The SR9 is a flat shooter that will serve you well. It takes the trigger form the Glock, the loaded indicator from the XD, and the grip angles from the 1911 and combined them all into a reasonably inexpensive defense firearm.

I highly recommend it, but ONLY if YOU like the feel of the weapon in hand. If the weapon doesn't give you "warm fuzzies" when you hold it, you may want to keep looking.

Good luck.

P.S. If you cannot afford the SR9, I recommend you take a look at the P series of pistols from Ruger. I believe the P series is one of the best deals out there.

Old 08-06-2009, 05:55 AM   #4

Liked 1978 Times on 1255 Posts
Likes Given: 1078

Check out RugerForum.com
Lots of info from owners, both happy and unhappy.