Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Springs for carry?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2012, 11:49 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Springs for carry?

Is there a way to switch out certain springs so the SA of a DA/SA is lighter while the DA remains roughly the same? I have no interest in shooting myself and my only safety is the decocker.

When they kick out your front door, how you gonna come. With your hands on your head or on the trigger of your gun?

Guns of Brixton- The Clash

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-05-2012, 11:54 AM   #2
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

It may be possible. But I wouldn't recommend it. Especially in a carry gun. Anything that isn't to factory specs on a carry gun could be used against you in court if you are forced to use the gun. Messing with the trigger could change a self defense shooting into a negligent shooting.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 06-05-2012, 12:14 PM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

My gun would be screwed then. It's not even the original caliber and I switched to an SRT trigger (which doesn't affect trigger pull, just how far). That and I was planning on a recoil reduction system, so my gun's as far from factory as possible.

When they kick out your front door, how you gonna come. With your hands on your head or on the trigger of your gun?

Guns of Brixton- The Clash