Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > South Paw needs help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2012, 09:55 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 40 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Default South Paw needs help

Okay Guys, I am a lefty and I am thinking about purchasing my first semi auto handgun. I am interested in the P226, Beretta FS92, Glock, and Springfield in a 9mm. However, I am not sure if these guns can be converted to left handed. Comments and suggestions welcomed! Thanks and look forward to hearing from ya'll.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-26-2012, 10:01 PM   #2
Deader Bears=Better Bears
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5645 Times on 3319 Posts
Likes Given: 4756

??? Are you wondering if the magazine release and safety can be made ambidextrous? Or something else?

Dead Bears, the only good kind.
GANDER MOUNTAIN OF HATTIESBURG, MS IS OVERPRICED, HAS LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE, & SELLS BEAT UP PISTOLS TO LITTLE OLD LADIES AS "NEW". :p

Dillinger Likes This 
Old 10-26-2012, 10:04 PM   #3

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3471 Times on 1606 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

^^^^ What he said?

Or are you worried about RH ejection of the shells going across your body/face?

Old 10-26-2012, 10:08 PM   #4
Deader Bears=Better Bears
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5645 Times on 3319 Posts
Likes Given: 4756

I was thinking the M9/Beretta 92FS had ambidextrous safety and reversable mag drop. It wouldn't matter on the Glock that i can understand or the XD9 if that is the Springfield you are interested in; they have no safeties and have reversable mag drops, i bleve.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.
GANDER MOUNTAIN OF HATTIESBURG, MS IS OVERPRICED, HAS LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE, & SELLS BEAT UP PISTOLS TO LITTLE OLD LADIES AS "NEW". :p

Old 10-26-2012, 11:37 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcd390
Okay Guys, I am a lefty and I am thinking about purchasing my first semi auto handgun. I am interested in the P226, Beretta FS92, Glock, and Springfield in a 9mm. However, I am not sure if these guns can be converted to left handed. Comments and suggestions welcomed! Thanks and look forward to hearing from ya'll.
If you haven't already made your mind up about the Beretta P226, you might want to consider the Walter PPQ as the PPQ is 100 percent ambidextrous. I bought one awhile back and it's the best gun I have ever owned. It has a sweet trigger pull and fits the hand perfect.

Old 10-27-2012, 02:30 AM   #6

Liked 40 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
??? Are you wondering if the magazine release and safety can be made ambidextrous? Or something else?
Yes, both the magazine and safety.

Old 10-27-2012, 02:35 AM   #7

Liked 75 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 291

One of the reasons I love Glock, there's no safety to worry about and the mag drop is easy to manipulate with the trigger finger. As a lefty, I've had no problems with any semi-auto except if it does have a safety and it's not ambi.

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, but evil is not overcome by fleeing from it"

Jeff Cooper

Old 10-27-2012, 05:09 PM   #8

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Lefty here. Got a glock 17, beretta 92fs, czsp01 tactical, beretta px4 storm and walther pps. All pretty lefty friendly. I never had any issues with mag releases, etc.

Old 10-27-2012, 07:19 PM   #9

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

I own a Ruger SR9c and both the thumb safety and mag release are ambi. Other than that, im not sure if the ones you listed could be converted.

Old 11-22-2012, 12:04 PM   #10

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcd390
I am also lefty and have been having a hard time choosing a handgun. I personally prefer the walthers because I love the mag release placement and how they shoot but until the ppq comes out in .45 I won't be purchasing one. I live the look and feel of the Xdm compacts but the slide lock/release is a major concern for meeting lefty I prefer to hit it with my thumb. Its really awkward to have to hit with my index or middle on my trigger hand. Really just personally preference but it's a deal breaker for me.