Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   South Paw needs help (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/south-paw-needs-help-75113/)

jcd390 10-26-2012 09:55 PM

South Paw needs help

Okay Guys, I am a lefty and I am thinking about purchasing my first semi auto handgun. I am interested in the P226, Beretta FS92, Glock, and Springfield in a 9mm. However, I am not sure if these guns can be converted to left handed. Comments and suggestions welcomed! Thanks and look forward to hearing from ya'll.

orangello 10-26-2012 10:01 PM

??? Are you wondering if the magazine release and safety can be made ambidextrous? Or something else?

Dillinger 10-26-2012 10:04 PM

^^^^ What he said? :confused:

Or are you worried about RH ejection of the shells going across your body/face?

orangello 10-26-2012 10:08 PM

I was thinking the M9/Beretta 92FS had ambidextrous safety and reversable mag drop. It wouldn't matter on the Glock that i can understand or the XD9 if that is the Springfield you are interested in; they have no safeties and have reversable mag drops, i bleve.

ClaudeBrooks 10-26-2012 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcd390
Okay Guys, I am a lefty and I am thinking about purchasing my first semi auto handgun. I am interested in the P226, Beretta FS92, Glock, and Springfield in a 9mm. However, I am not sure if these guns can be converted to left handed. Comments and suggestions welcomed! Thanks and look forward to hearing from ya'll.

If you haven't already made your mind up about the Beretta P226, you might want to consider the Walter PPQ as the PPQ is 100 percent ambidextrous. I bought one awhile back and it's the best gun I have ever owned. It has a sweet trigger pull and fits the hand perfect.

jcd390 10-27-2012 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangello (Post 991011)
??? Are you wondering if the magazine release and safety can be made ambidextrous? Or something else?

Yes, both the magazine and safety.

jeepejeep 10-27-2012 02:35 AM

One of the reasons I love Glock, there's no safety to worry about and the mag drop is easy to manipulate with the trigger finger. As a lefty, I've had no problems with any semi-auto except if it does have a safety and it's not ambi.

Jtelli71 10-27-2012 05:09 PM

Lefty here. Got a glock 17, beretta 92fs, czsp01 tactical, beretta px4 storm and walther pps. All pretty lefty friendly. I never had any issues with mag releases, etc.

ncampbell 10-27-2012 07:19 PM

I own a Ruger SR9c and both the thumb safety and mag release are ambi. Other than that, im not sure if the ones you listed could be converted.

mptoth 11-22-2012 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcd390

I am also lefty and have been having a hard time choosing a handgun. I personally prefer the walthers because I love the mag release placement and how they shoot but until the ppq comes out in .45 I won't be purchasing one. I live the look and feel of the Xdm compacts but the slide lock/release is a major concern for meeting lefty I prefer to hit it with my thumb. Its really awkward to have to hit with my index or middle on my trigger hand. Really just personally preference but it's a deal breaker for me.