so how about Sig vs. HK? - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > so how about Sig vs. HK?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2012, 02:38 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 35 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzilla View Post
Morgo: did you disassemble and polish the parts yourself ? My gunsmith refuses to work on them. Evidently, they must be reassembled in some order or need specialized tools but once bit twice shy kinda thing. Had one hell of a time putting adj sights on the USP 45 Compact.

According to HK, the full size and compact USP have the same size dovetail but my gunsmith said that was sheep dip and had to use special files to get the job done.

Are the Match grade triggers worth it ? Which Sig did you buy ?
When I first started shooting I was big on HK so bought the USP Match, Expert and Elite. I had the trigger changed from the target on the match to a standard (the comps I was shooting at the time didn't like adjustable triggers) and at the same time had the expert and elite triggers worked a little.
I'm quite lucky as a smith thats only 45min away is German and was trained by the best in germany, HKs are no problem for him

The match grade usp triggers are a bit smooter and lighter than the standard, they have the advantage of being adjustable as well. To be honest I've found the polished standard trigger in the USP match to be as good or better than the elite and expert triggers.

My Sigs are the P229 Sport .357 Sig, P49 (P210-2), P226 Sport 9mm & P226 Tac

Old 03-14-2012, 05:35 AM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 251 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 110

The Sig P 210 is legendary and priced accordingly, does it live up to it ? I've been shooting too much 9mm lately and maybe it's time to pull th HKs out.

Damn lucky to have talented gunsmith so close !

You've had the top 3 HK pistols, which is your favorite and why ? I w love a longer sight radius and both Sig & HK offer 6" but the Sig is $2,500 and the HK $1,500. At that price level, the trigger better be 1911 good. (Well, Almost..I have a 1911 Officers w 2.5lb trigger - yeah, I told the gunsmith to give me an edge and he did the work too well. LOL) Fort Bliss Rod & Gun - IPSC

Old 03-14-2012, 05:54 AM   #33

Liked 35 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 10

The P210 is excellent, its the smoothest pistol I've owned. Its only draw back is it is tendancy for hammer bite if your not careful. It bit me rather well the first time shooting it & hammer bite has never been an issue for me before even with my BHP's. Still its only a minor issue.

Favourite HK has always been the Match, just too damn sexy and a great shooter The P7 is next and its another with a great trigger that beats the USP variant HKs and some of the Sig's.

In the end a good 1911 with a worked trigger is hard to beat and in most cases costs a lot less than some of the HK and Sigs.

Old 03-14-2012, 02:55 PM   #34
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I'm extremely jealous, an original Match is hard to find and all 3 serial numbers gotta match. Angelina rocked the cinema w a pair of these in Tombraider. I have always wondered about the veracity of the "o" ring on the barrel but I got to a tech at HK who invented their competition trigger and he said all their advances help incrementally to improve accuracy.

If you have access to this level of equip, then you already know none of us, mere mortals, can actually use the full accuracy potential of the pistol. This point was driven home by a YouTube video by some sons of liberty bs where they shoot Sig 226 X5, HK P30, and a Les Baer target 1911; they shot the same w all of them. Well, at least no one could accuse them of being equipment limited. LoL.

Old 03-14-2012, 04:36 PM   #35
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Respectfully, agree to disagree on 1911 and expense. I went w a Colt Combat Elite in 1988 for approx $600 and it has been a money pit ever since. Extended this n that, super heavy one piece guide rod, match bushing fit, comp triggers, adj sights and lets not forget the gunsmiths fees...And now it's hell to take apart !

If I had to do it again, I w just pay the $$$ and get it exactly the way I wanted it right from the start. I competed in class A as I found the unlimited class too full of race guns to compete effectively. The combo - compensators plus weight at end of the barrel is a definite competitive advantage in reducing shot string time but you'll have to compete/run w the big dogs. (Everyone's very good, some are great & the equip is spectacular)

Last edited by Gonzilla; 03-14-2012 at 04:39 PM.