Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > so how about Sig vs. HK?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2012, 06:19 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 242 Times on 187 Posts
Likes Given: 92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broke124 View Post
Good point. But what about in terms of combat use? More is obviously better right?

"...rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." /G\
I remember a guy from FL who said you don't get the opportunity to go home and get your combat shotgun, rifle or 1911 w extra mags. You may be forced to fight w whatever you have on you. Somehow, that always stuck w me and I remembered first Rule of Winning a Gun Fight - having a Gun...

Just my .02

Old 03-10-2012, 06:39 PM   #22

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broke124

Good point. But what about in terms of combat use? More is obviously better right?

"...rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." /G\
Not necessarily...more ammo don't count for jack if you can't hit the intended target in the first place.

"They're on our right, they're on our left, they're in front of us, they're behind us; they can't get away from us this time."
Chesty Puller, USMC, Chosin Reservoir, Korean War

"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."
- Father Kevin Keaney, 1st MarDiv Chaplain, Korean War

Old 03-11-2012, 05:36 PM   #23

Liked 18 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broke124 View Post
Even in spite of the lower mag capacity?

Everyone now a days is worried about large magazine capacity. The 1911 was our nations combat handgun for over 75yrs and it had a 7rd mag. It is still one of the most carried pistols in the CCW area. Not to mention how many elite units are carrying it just because it is what it is.

The Sig P220 has the same mag capacity as the 1911, they are both great pistols. But alot of you are right about the amount of ammo you carry. The more ammo you are carrying the more ammo you will shoot.

Old 03-11-2012, 06:34 PM   #24

Liked 48 Times on 38 Posts

My answer is
I sold my H&K p2000sk to buy a Kimber ultra covert II.
I then wanted a pistol that would be a dedicated range pistol so I picked up a Sig Sauer 1911 platinum elite.
After shooting the Sig 1911 I found I was better with the Sig then the Kimber and even with all of the Kimber's bells and whistles the Sig shot better to me so the Sig became my carry weapon. I didn't want my range pistol to be a Ultra so I sold it and bought myself a Sig220X6.
I have yet to shoot a pistol in the same class that out performs either.
I have done what I felt to be upgrades to the 1911 and it still comes in under what the less equiped Kimber cost.

Sig may not be the best but its close enough...

Last edited by GunRunner; 03-11-2012 at 06:37 PM.

Old 03-12-2012, 05:42 AM   #25

Liked 35 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 10

I was a die hard HK fan when I fisrt started shooting. Now I'd take a Sig.
Probably the polymer frame of the HK and gritty triggers compared to Sigs thats done it for me.

Old 03-12-2012, 08:36 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I dont mind the polymer frame but I have two USPs and I'm with ya on the triggers. They do make a match grade trigger, LEM triggers and a competition triggers but it's expensive to ship gun back to company.

Old 03-13-2012, 01:03 AM   #27

Liked 35 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 10

For me its not so much the polymer frame but rather I prefer steel frame handguns for the added weight. The HK's I have have the match triggers same with my Sigs, the HK's all needed some break in or polishing whereas the Sigs were smooth out of the box

Old 03-13-2012, 06:26 AM   #28

Liked 949 Times on 671 Posts
Likes Given: 945

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phelenwolf View Post
Everyone now a days is worried about large magazine capacity. The 1911 was our nations combat handgun for over 75yrs and it had a 7rd mag. It is still one of the most carried pistols in the CCW area. Not to mention how many elite units are carrying it just because it is what it is.

The Sig P220 has the same mag capacity as the 1911, they are both great pistols. But alot of you are right about the amount of ammo you carry. The more ammo you are carrying the more ammo you will shoot.
What's up with the Comic Sans MS? It's hard to read.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 03-13-2012, 05:01 PM   #29

Liked 18 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Sorry just something I have always done.

Old 03-13-2012, 10:00 PM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Morgo: did you disassemble and polish the parts yourself ? My gunsmith refuses to work on them. Evidently, they must be reassembled in some order or need specialized tools but once bit twice shy kinda thing. Had one hell of a time putting adj sights on the USP 45 Compact.

According to HK, the full size and compact USP have the same size dovetail but my gunsmith said that was sheep dip and had to use special files to get the job done.

Are the Match grade triggers worth it ? Which Sig did you buy ?