so how about Sig vs. HK? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > so how about Sig vs. HK?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2012, 02:12 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear304inc View Post
Gotta throw my vote,, HK USP, although both are excellent weapons, I have shot the Sig P226, sweet gun but didn't like the slim grip, as I have big (fat) hands, didn't like the single stack mag. My usp's double stack and overall ergonomics just fit me better. As to which one is better,,, I don't think that can be answered. Not by me anyways. It all ends up to each shooters personal preferences.
The Sig P226 is also a double stack mag. Are you sure you did not shoot a P220 or a P225/P6? Those are single stack mags.

But you are correct about it being up to he individual shooter. I love my Sig's and XD's but not fond of yhe Glock. Do not like the grip angle.

Old 03-07-2012, 02:45 PM   #12

Liked 57 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phelenwolf

The Sig P226 is also a double stack mag. Are you sure you did not shoot a P220 or a P225/P6? Those are single stack mags.

But you are correct about it being up to he individual shooter. I love my Sig's and XD's but not fond of yhe Glock. Do not like the grip angle.
Very possible it was the p220 then, it definitely was single stacked. Thnx for the correction, I'm alao nor a giant glock fan for no other reason than the grip angle, otherwise fine weapons.

Old 03-07-2012, 04:32 PM   #13

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Sig hands down for me. I can't think of a better pistol in the world (my opinion of course) than a Sig P220.

"They're on our right, they're on our left, they're in front of us, they're behind us; they can't get away from us this time."
Chesty Puller, USMC, Chosin Reservoir, Korean War

"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."
- Father Kevin Keaney, 1st MarDiv Chaplain, Korean War

Old 03-07-2012, 07:32 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 283 Times on 218 Posts
Likes Given: 127

I almost bought a Sig220 for IPSC but I went w the Colt Combat Elite. Easier to upgrade gear and fine tune for specific task. Sig does make competition grade guns, even a really sweet Long Slide but the cost is approx $2.5K.

See the Buying first 1911 guide thread, at that price point, custom 1911s from the masters become feasible.

Old 03-09-2012, 04:44 PM   #15

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC-03
Sig hands down for me. I can't think of a better pistol in the world (my opinion of course) than a Sig P220.
Even in spite of the lower mag capacity?

"...rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." /G\

Old 03-09-2012, 04:48 PM   #16

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY
NEXT
Geez, you're on me huh? I just thought it might be nice to talk comparisons on the cream of the crop for once...unless you prefer something along the lines of colt gold cup vs. Smith & wesson sigma 9....lol...ease up boss.

"...rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." /G\

Old 03-10-2012, 06:29 PM   #17

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broke124

Even in spite of the lower mag capacity?

Absolutely. In my hands the feel of the Sig is far superior. With some practice you can get mag changes done in a hurry and although not impossible, it is very unlikely I'll need to use an entire magazine without having a chance at a tactical reload. That being said...on duty I carry my M&P .45 which gives me 11 rounds ready to go. Couple other guys in the department carry the M&P as well, so we can share mags if necessary.

"They're on our right, they're on our left, they're in front of us, they're behind us; they can't get away from us this time."
Chesty Puller, USMC, Chosin Reservoir, Korean War

"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."
- Father Kevin Keaney, 1st MarDiv Chaplain, Korean War

Old 03-10-2012, 06:42 PM   #18

Liked 80 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 36

I choose SIG.

As far as magazine round count. I feel that's it's WAY over rated. Most encounters where 2 citizens, one bad one good, end up having to deal with one another it's usally over after 1 shot. Very seldom to never are you going to be in a law enforcement shoot out where you're gonna need 18 rounds.

So to pass on a gun you really like because of round count is silly imo.

Loyalty can't be bought at any price;
but it can be rented remarkably cheaply.

Old 03-10-2012, 06:47 PM   #19

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgerBlue
I choose SIG.

As far as magazine round count. I feel that's it's WAY over rated. Most encounters where 2 citizens, one bad one good, end up having to deal with one another it's usally over after 1 shot. Very seldom to never are you going to be in a law enforcement shoot out where you're gonna need 18 rounds.

Good point. But what about in terms of combat use? More is obviously better right?

Old 03-10-2012, 07:05 PM   #20

Liked 80 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgerBlue View Post
I choose SIG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broke124 View Post
Good point. But what about in terms of combat use? More is obviously better right?

In terms of capaticy for a GI soldier yes, more ammo is better. But more ammo also has a dark side. Having more rounds can lead to less fire disapline. that's why a team of seals can take a compound full of guards with ak's while advancing only with a side arm.

Loyalty can't be bought at any price;
but it can be rented remarkably cheaply.