so how about Sig vs. HK?
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > so how about Sig vs. HK?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2012, 09:45 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default so how about Sig vs. HK?

Everybody compares Sig to Glock but I've yet to see a Sig and H&K comparison....whatcha think? I'm a Sig man personally. Ergonomics are perfect for me. How bout you guys?

"...rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." /G\

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-05-2012, 04:50 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 23 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Sig hands down. I have 5 Sigs and 1 Glock 19.

Old 03-05-2012, 05:28 PM   #3

Liked 41 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I've owned a Sig but not a Hk, that P30 has my interest though.

Old 03-05-2012, 08:18 PM   #4

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I have both a usp 45 and a p220 as much as I like hk I must say the Sig fits my hand better. The hk45 and p30 series offer better ergonomics. Quality pistol but a little pricey. Probably won't sale mine cuz I wont buy another at the price i paid for mines new.

Old 03-06-2012, 12:09 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 326 Times on 250 Posts
Likes Given: 150

It's a fair question; they are both hammer fired and designed for excellence. Glock may be the best bang for the buck but these two are in a different class - the best you can make.

The HK has a polymer frame while the Sig really made it claim to fame w the all steel 226 line. USP line was tested extensively by military, and 226 also did well or passed all trials. The HK has polygonal rifling vs the older style lands & grooves for the Sig. DAK vs LEM trigger configurations for safety. (USP line comes in 45 holds 12 while Sig 220 only 8.)

I don't like Sigs decocker design, HK eliminates the lever and simply incorporates the function w the safety. Both have legions of devoted fans. Both are too expensive.

Old 03-06-2012, 12:19 AM   #6

Liked 2182 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

NEXT

Old 03-06-2012, 07:52 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Did I rain on your parade or just fail to amuse ?

Old 03-06-2012, 09:54 PM   #8

Liked 2182 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzilla View Post
Did I rain on your parade or just fail to amuse ?
Sorry- Just tired eyes from folks asking to compare Glocks vs Springfields- Ruger vs S&W- Colt vs Ed Brown- RIA vs Norinco - ECT ECT-
All guns are different - All guns are the same - different options, differnt this 'n that-
Just seems like when a OP can't think of a particular question about a particular firearm he just just thinks "COMPARE"
You most likely have a very good reason to compare these two particular models -
I will now let the comparisions continue

Old 03-07-2012, 01:02 AM   #9

Liked 57 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Gotta throw my vote,, HK USP, although both are excellent weapons, I have shot the Sig P226, sweet gun but didn't like the slim grip, as I have big (fat) hands, didn't like the single stack mag. My usp's double stack and overall ergonomics just fit me better. As to which one is better,,, I don't think that can be answered. Not by me anyways. It all ends up to each shooters personal preferences.

Old 03-07-2012, 01:51 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post
Sorry- Just tired eyes from folks asking to compare Glocks vs Springfields- Ruger vs S&W- Colt vs Ed Brown- RIA vs Norinco - ECT ECT-
All guns are different - All guns are the same - different options, differnt this 'n that-
Just seems like when a OP can't think of a particular question about a particular firearm he just just thinks "COMPARE"
Good point, a more specific question might yield better results but I actually find it refreshing after all the Glock vs Sig etc comparisons. At least this is top of the line vs top of the line. Sticker fired pistols vs hammer fired, $500 vs $850, it's Apples vs Oranges.

At the End of the day, Whichever one feels better in your hand - the warm fuzzy factor - will Win.

My .02 vote is for HK.

Last edited by Gonzilla; 03-07-2012 at 02:05 AM.

Newest Threads