Smith&wesson or glock 9mm? - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Smith&wesson or glock 9mm?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2012, 08:08 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retusarmy View Post
Beretta M 9 first, then my Glock 19, I owned a S&W Sigma then sold it...just couldn't get use to it.
First off, the M&P is NOT a Sigma. Saying it is the same thing is like saying the Ford Pinto is the same as a Mach I or the Chevy Chevette is the same as the Corvette. There is a WORLD of difference between the two.

Personally, I would take a Glock over a Sigma any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Similarly, I would take an M&P over the Glock any day as well. When I was shopping for a hi-cap .40, I looked at the Glock, XD, and M&P. I would have liked to try out the XDm, but none were available at the time. The M&P fit MY hand the best, had the best natural point, and was priced about the same as the others. I quickly ruled out the Glock based on feel and natural point. The decision between the XD and M&P was a very tough call. Pricewise, the XD was about $50 more than the M&P (at that time) and the XDm about $100 more than the XD.

I had seen lots of great reviews on both guns, so I knew I wouldn't go wrong with either one. The decision was a toss up between the XD and the M&P. The thing that swayed me to the M&P side (however slightly it may have been) was seeing the "Made in USA" versus the Austrian made XD.

I have since handled the XDm and think my choice would still be to go with the M&P.

Of course, this was all MY experience in gun selection, and was in the .40 cal instead of the 9mm. YMMV. We are all very individual in our likes and dislikes. The things I saw as negatives could very well be strong positives for somebody else. That is the beauty of having several options to choose from.

Old 02-19-2012, 10:23 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick_man

First off, the M&P is NOT a Sigma. Saying it is the same thing is like saying the Ford Pinto is the same as a Mach I or the Chevy Chevette is the same as the Corvette. There is a WORLD of difference between the two.

Personally, I would take a Glock over a Sigma any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Similarly, I would take an M&P over the Glock any day as well. When I was shopping for a hi-cap .40, I looked at the Glock, XD, and M&P. I would have liked to try out the XDm, but none were available at the time. The M&P fit MY hand the best, had the best natural point, and was priced about the same as the others. I quickly ruled out the Glock based on feel and natural point. The decision between the XD and M&P was a very tough call. Pricewise, the XD was about $50 more than the M&P (at that time) and the XDm about $100 more than the XD.

I had seen lots of great reviews on both guns, so I knew I wouldn't go wrong with either one. The decision was a toss up between the XD and the M&P. The thing that swayed me to the M&P side (however slightly it may have been) was seeing the "Made in USA" versus the Austrian made XD.

I have since handled the XDm and think my choice would still be to go with the M&P.

Of course, this was all MY experience in gun selection, and was in the .40 cal instead of the 9mm. YMMV. We are all very individual in our likes and dislikes. The things I saw as negatives could very well be strong positives for somebody else. That is the beauty of having several options to choose from.
Amen on that, I picked a 9mm only bc my wife can handle it

Old 02-19-2012, 10:39 PM   #33

Liked 12 Times on 7 Posts

This is hard to say...but, I know like my M&P .40 better than my glock 23. It's more natural point of aim and shoots better. Both I believe are excellent pistols and I would trust either with my life but as far a range fun, I vote M&P. I cannot say anything about the M&P reliability since its new to me but, my glock has over 5k rounds and never failed. Pic is of my new M&P.

image-3420196475.jpg  

Old 02-20-2012, 01:03 AM   #34

@powersportgiant, I have the S&W M&P 9c and I love it, the low barrel position is great for that aim point accuracy... definitely recommend S&W!!!!!

Old 02-20-2012, 01:17 AM   #35

And on the issue of performance, my gun had performed flawlessly with around 500 rd. Through it, all factory ammo... Even did great with cheap wolf ammo :-)

Old 02-20-2012, 02:19 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powersportgiant
This is hard to say...but, I know like my M&P .40 better than my glock 23. It's more natural point of aim and shoots better. Both I believe are excellent pistols and I would trust either with my life but as far a range fun, I vote M&P. I cannot say anything about the M&P reliability since its new to me but, my glock has over 5k rounds and never failed. Pic is of my new M&P.
Believe gun and yes m&p is better in my opinion.

Old 02-20-2012, 02:36 AM   #37

Beautiful*

Old 02-20-2012, 02:42 AM   #38

Liked 12 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keginth28
Beautiful*
Thank you sir. I am enjoying that crimson trace more than I ever thought I would.

Old 02-22-2012, 05:00 PM   #39

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

One of the leading shooters in the world.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 02-22-2012, 08:21 PM   #40

Liked 1070 Times on 753 Posts
Likes Given: 1075

For all the reasons Pat Rogers touched on I switched from the 1911 I carried since 1976 to ... a Glock 23 Gen4. I also like the small girlie hand grip size!

Nothing wrong with either the M&P or Glock, both are fine choices.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.