Smith & Wesson BodyGuard - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Smith & Wesson BodyGuard

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2012, 04:37 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default BodyGuard off to S & W

Today I received a letter from Smith & Wesson & they did send me a 2 day prepaid FEDEX label & instructions. I send the weapon back to them, let's see what they do to correct the problem, so far so good.

Old 05-19-2012, 02:07 PM   #12

I loved the look and feel of my bg but I had too many problems with no fire's and the magazine dropping when it did fire.. .anyone else have those probs?

Old 05-19-2012, 09:30 PM   #13
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2337 Times on 1258 Posts
Likes Given: 844

Quote:
Originally Posted by surveyor619
I loved the look and feel of my bg but I had too many problems with no fire's and the magazine dropping when it did fire.. .anyone else have those probs?
No. I haven't.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Old 05-20-2012, 02:50 PM   #14

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

The last time I had the BG at the range, I had a repeated issue with inadvertently releasing the magazine between shots. Never had that problem before. Assumed it was just something I was doing. I had been shooting a number of different handguns, and just assumed I wasn't paying enough attention to how I was positioning my hand when I switched to the bodyguard. I don't think it was a problem with the gun, because I've been carrying it for about 10 months and never experienced that before. In the back of my mind the next time I'm at the range, though.

Old 05-20-2012, 02:52 PM   #15

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom86
The last time I had the BG at the range, I had a repeated issue with inadvertently releasing the magazine between shots. Never had that problem before. Assumed it was just something I was doing. I had been shooting a number of different handguns, and just assumed I wasn't paying enough attention to how I was positioning my hand when I switched to the bodyguard. I don't think it was a problem with the gun, because I've been carrying it for about 10 months and never experienced that before. In the back of my mind the next time I'm at the range, though.
Oh, I had two failures to fire within the first 20 rounds of Hornady Critical Defense the first day I shot it. No problems since, and no problems with any other ammo.

Old 05-20-2012, 03:14 PM   #16

Liked 13 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Mine was the same way and I fixed mine by getting rid of it. I don't have any more problems with it.

Old 05-21-2012, 03:15 AM   #17

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Ive been in a unique position in that a number of my friends have been buying .380's lately, and I've had a chance to shoot: my Bodyguard, kel-tec, diamondback (two different ones), and an LCP. Of all of those, I like the way my BG handles the best. It fits my hand and it is reliable. I don't mind the trigger, although few of my friends like it. Of the four I've shot recently, I like its handling more than the others, and it doesn't jump around in my hand as much. It was the least accurate, though, but none are target guns. if I could get the same accuracy as the others, is wholeheartedly recommend it IF you can get used to the long trigger. Longer than any of the others. But as I said, the trigger doesn't bother me in the least.

Old 05-22-2012, 07:23 PM   #18

The trigger didn't bother me.. .that was something I got used to. Dropping magazines and and having to second strike rounds too frequently isn't something I felt comfortable with. I will say that without the extended pinky grip dropping mags wasn't as frequent. .but God forbid if I ever get into a dire need of my firearm, I don't want to have to concentrate on how my grip is as to NOT dropping the mag! My new Taurus TCP does just that. And it shoots as nice and seems more accurate.

Old 05-30-2012, 07:18 PM   #19

Default Body Guard back

I sent the BodyGuard to Smith & Wesson on May 14th, and I received the BodyGuard back today 5/30/2012 from Smith & Wesson and it is perfect. The safety works very easily and the weapon performs flawlessly. I must say that the level of service from Smith & Wesson was excellent and I am a very pleased customer. This entire process did not cost me a single penny to boot. My hat is off to Smith & Wesson for this service.