Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Small 9mm for concealed carry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2009, 03:57 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanbybirth View Post
I'm new to concealed carry and I'm looking for guidance. I'm leaning heavily toward a small, light weight 9mm that I could use for IWB or maybe pocket carry. I like the size of the Kahr 9mms
Kahr has been making ever more compact 9mm, .40 and .45 pistols for a number of years now. Kahr has a solid reputation in the gun-toting circles.
The kahr users I know all went to the brand for some simple reasons: compactness, lite-weight, ease of use, durability and reliability.

Old 06-20-2009, 04:05 AM   #12

I have a PF-9 and it works very well in the light wieght concealed role. I did the fluff & buff and have had no problems with it. Also the Kel-tec owners group, is a great web site for info on these nice little 9mm.

We can't stop here...this is bat country.

Μολὼν λάβε
Res Ipsa Loquitur

Old 06-20-2009, 11:19 AM   #13

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

The BEST 9mm for deep concealment is the Rohrbaugh. It's the smallest, lightest 9mm in existence. They're only 5.2" & about 10-12oz.
Rohrbaugh Firearms Mine has NEVER malfunctioned whatsoever in any way.

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Old 06-20-2009, 11:33 AM   #14

Just to make a minor addition to Stalking Bear's recommendation of a Rohrbraugh, which by the way is an excellent choice for the ultimate in concealability while retaining some stopping power, that ridiculously attractive chick Olga Kurylenko from Quantum of Solace shot one. That'd sell me.

--Image from www.imfdb.com

Josh

http://www.joshuasilverman.com

Last edited by JoshX3Magazine; 06-20-2009 at 11:35 AM. Reason: Fixing the image...

Old 06-20-2009, 02:55 PM   #15

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

glock 26 FTW

p6060187.jpg  

Old 06-20-2009, 05:40 PM   #16

I have a kahr 9mm, and like it very much, narrow and light. What I didn't like about the glock or other doublestacks, was the extra weight and thickness. This is my summer gun, Wearing shorts and t shirts, it works well for me. I used to have a S&W 3913, but I gave it to my son when he turned 21. Really would like to have it back.

Old 06-20-2009, 09:23 PM   #17

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

stalkingbear posted:

Quote:
The BEST 9mm for deep concealment is the Rohrbaugh. It's the smallest, lightest 9mm in existence. They're only 5.2" & about 10-12oz.
Rohrbaugh Firearms Mine has NEVER malfunctioned whatsoever in any way.
Those little hideout pistols look like a really good choice for concealed carry. It looks as though you need to invest the time to be able to shoot it well (rough recoil).

Old 06-21-2009, 01:25 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanbybirth View Post
Thanks for the replies.

Canebrake - Is that a Kershaw Leek in the "necklace holster"? That may lighten my pockets if I can put my Leek there instead. I like the clip on the LCR. I think I've seen those on P3ATs and PF-9s. Is there much greater danger of the trigger being accidentaly pulled when carrying mexican? I'd be afraid that it would go off if I tried to pull up my pants. Maybe I'm overthinking it.

Until it gets cooler in TX, I'm really set on finding a gun under 15 ounces that I can conceal in light clothing. Cooler only happens 4-5 months/year here. Cooler = under 90 to me.
Pulling your pants up pushes the trigger the wrong way. And I know what you mean about the heat. I live in Central Florida and its been over 90 just about every day for the past two weeks.

-Fred

"Breathe when you can, shoot when you should."
-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"

Old 06-22-2009, 01:33 AM   #19

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I like my Smith & Wesson M&P 9c in a Blade-Tech IWB holster. With an untucked tee shirt the gun is well concealed.

There is in life perhaps one fleeting moment when the courage, dedication and resolve of one man gambling against all odds will alter the destiny of nations.

Old 06-22-2009, 02:46 AM   #20

Default Small and Lightweight

I would have to agree with Stealie on this one. For a small compact bang for your buck a PF-9, or like my gun the P-11, is defenitely worth it. Here is a pic of my P-11. Basically shop around and find one that fits you. This is my first handgun with no knowledge whatsoever, and I found my mate.

mine.jpg   mine-.jpg