Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Slide stuck back on a Sigma.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2011, 02:42 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 117 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 76

Default Slide stuck back on a Sigma.

Me and a few friends were out shooting at the range today and my friend was shooting my sigma 40VE when the slide just locked back after it fired. I can not get the slide to come forward at all now. The slide lock is free and not holding it. I cant see anything holding the slide but I will not go forward. I am going to ship it back the S&W but do yall have any idea what might be holding it? I can drop the mag and the trigger pulls still so none of that is binding it up. Thanks for any help.

The bad thing is that friend was gonna buy it from me once I get a new gun to replace it. Now he's not to sure about the deal.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-24-2011, 03:18 AM   #2

Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I have seen a case rupture in a MG, and lock up the whole works when a shard gets stuck in the rails. No idea if that could be the culprit, but it's possible that it could, and if the shard is small enough you might not even see it.

Old 10-24-2011, 06:57 AM   #3

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
I have seen a case rupture in a MG, and lock up the whole works when a shard gets stuck in the rails. No idea if that could be the culprit, but it's possible that it could, and if the shard is small enough you might not even see it.
Yeah I've heard of that too, almost like the gun is saving itself from further damage.