Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > slide on P95 not working

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2009, 03:31 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Thanks for the support y'all. I wrote to Ruger today. Waiting to hear back. I may take it to the gun shop tomorrow.

If I have to send it to back to Ruger, does that mean I'll have to pay another FFL fee when they send it back? Or can they just send it to me directly?

What a pain in the ass. It seems like nothing goes right sometimes.

Last edited by bleak23; 07-01-2009 at 06:20 AM.

Old 07-17-2009, 09:30 PM   #12

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I got it back today. Not a bad turnaround time. It says they repaired the ejector and extractor. I'm sure they test fired it a bunch of times.

It cycled half a clip alright, so it's looking good.

Thanks again for all y'alls help!

Old 07-18-2009, 03:15 AM   #13
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Good to hear Bleak,
All the same a half mag isn't enough to feel alright with the fix. Put at least 100 rounds through it and then you will know if the issue is fixed.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 08-06-2009, 07:39 PM   #14

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Well, I *finally* took this gun to the range today. I fired in this order...

100 rounds Winchester crap with 1 jam.
100 rounds Federal crap with 1 jam.
50 rounds Winchester Ranger 9mm NATO 124gr FMJ with no jams.

Since I was mostly interested in finding out if the gun works without problems, I wasn't too concerned about accuracy. But I will say this. I started off pretty darn accurate with the walmart Winchesters with some tight little groups at 7 yards. The Federals were off mostly. Down and to the left. The Nato was a little better but I think I was getting tired this being my first time out in many, many years. I shot the last twenty rounds of NATO at 10 yards and it was all over the place. I am strongly desiring to take a CHL class when I get the money.

So is this gun a keeper? With 2 jams in 250 rounds, accuracy notwithstanding due to an inexperienced shooter. What is your verdict, please?

edit: I invested in a nice KleenBore cleaning kit and will give it the once over. I really want to make it work for me.

It was back in '32 and times were hard. He had a Colt 45 and a deck of cards; Stagger Lee

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. —Thomas Jefferson

Patriots are not revolutionaries trying to overthrow the government of the United States. Patriots are Counter-Revolutionaries trying to prevent the government from overthrowing the Constitution. --CA357

Last edited by bleak23; 08-06-2009 at 08:04 PM.

Old 08-07-2009, 12:23 AM   #15
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I'd keep it. The P95 is a fine pistol and will last fovever. The few jams may be attributed to the pistol being new. I can't recall the last jam I had in my P95 or any of my P series for that matter.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 08-07-2009, 10:25 PM   #16

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Yes, she's a keeper. Two misfire's ain't really nothing, is it. Especially when using cheap rounds. And Ruger customer service was great. Two weeks is fast compared to other stories I've read.

I just bought a Galco holster and belt. Have to wait 2-3 weeks for them though.

It was back in '32 and times were hard. He had a Colt 45 and a deck of cards; Stagger Lee

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. —Thomas Jefferson

Patriots are not revolutionaries trying to overthrow the government of the United States. Patriots are Counter-Revolutionaries trying to prevent the government from overthrowing the Constitution. --CA357