Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Slide action vs. Revolving action PDW

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2012, 10:17 PM   #21
mcb
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 68 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I think it is situational and personal preference. If I'm in the woods I want a revolver 6" 357 or 44mag, greater distance and better for four legged threats.

In home defense I like one of my 6 inch 357s. No need to conceal, I shoot them well, and have confidence in the round.

In an urban setting either my Glock27 or Colt Commander. They conceal well and have greater capacity than a wheel gun.

All guns are machines and can malfunction. Any high end autoloader or revolver will serve you well if properly maintained.

Old 01-14-2012, 11:19 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcb
I think it is situational and personal preference. If I'm in the woods I want a revolver 6" 357 or 44mag, greater distance and better for four legged threats.

In home defense I like one of my 6 inch 357s. No need to conceal, I shoot them well, and have confidence in the round.

In an urban setting either my Glock27 or Colt Commander. They conceal well and have greater capacity than a wheel gun.

All guns are machines and can malfunction. Any high end autoloader or revolver will serve you well if properly maintained.
Well said.

Old 01-14-2012, 11:43 PM   #23

Liked 117 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 21

I feel there is no one weapon that fits every situation - - - I have more revolvers than semi autos just because when I started buying the semi autos did not seem as reliable and were not as plentiful.

Under my customer counter I have a SS S&W 5906 ( 9 MM) in an eVault

On my nightstand I have a SS S&W 66-1 ( 357) with night sights and "treasury load" jacketed hollow points. ( in an eVault)

I carry a "Bodyguard 380" under my left arm pit about 12 hours a day 7 days a week.

When on duty I carry the 5906 in my duty holster and still keep the 380 under my arm pit.

If you get a quality weapon and maintain it you should have no problem be it revolver or semi.

Old 01-15-2012, 12:23 AM   #24

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwk4667
I feel there is no one weapon that fits every situation - - - I have more revolvers than semi autos just because when I started buying the semi autos did not seem as reliable and were not as plentiful.

Under my customer counter I have a SS S&W 5906 ( 9 MM) in an eVault

On my nightstand I have a SS S&W 66-1 ( 357) with night sights and "treasury load" jacketed hollow points. ( in an eVault)

I carry a "Bodyguard 380" under my left arm pit about 12 hours a day 7 days a week.

When on duty I carry the 5906 in my duty holster and still keep the 380 under my arm pit.

If you get a quality weapon and maintain it you should have no problem be it revolver or semi.
This is a little off topic, but generally related to your reply, so here goes...

Is having the smaller gun along with the duty weapon fairly common among LEOs?

A good friend of mine keeps a kel-Tec handy in his cruiser, which is immediately out of view, but in his hand for times when someone abruptly flags him down and approaches the car, and he hasn't yet had time to fully assess the situation.

Something that, as a civilian never even occurred to me as a good idea until he told me that.

Just curious.

Old 01-15-2012, 01:00 AM   #25

Liked 117 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Here it is not required but recommended.

I have much easier access to the 380 under my armpit if I'm approached while behind the wheel with my seatbelt on.

Old 01-15-2012, 04:40 AM   #26

I like all the chatter yall. It's always nice to see what the gp likes. I like my Striker fire because it is more dependable than hammers and I also like revolvers. I am gonna get me a 10mm GLOCK I think and just use that for my training. That will put a bear down or cut firewood from the tallest branches of a dead without me having to climb lol. Seriously tho I am gonna carry my back up .44 mag as well so no worries. I figure ill get wet, dirty and creaking cold so ill take my GLOCK JIC