Sigs 380
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Sigs 380

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2009, 01:16 AM   #1
Chr
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Sigs 380

Thinking of getting the Sig 380 in stainless. Has anyone had any experiance with one? Likes, dislikes? This might be the carry gun for my wife if she likes it.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-29-2009, 02:44 AM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have the P232sl. It is an excellent "pocket" firearm. They are a bit expensive compared to the similar Bersa or the Ruger and I doubt there is any function that justifies this extra cost.

It is, however, a very well made pistol and functions flawlessly for me all the time. I have the Hogue finger grips on mine to help control the snappiness a bit. The original intent was to have a gun my wife would actually take to the range and shoot, and that I might use as an occasional, summer business attire, carry but it didn't really work out. (what really happened is a flight I was doing a pick up for ended up being delayed and I managed to find a nearby gun shop to pass the time where I proceeded to justify an overpriced impulse buy as being "for the wife", lol)

I carry it as a back-up once and a while in the inside pocket of my jacket so it doesn't feel neglected for being the small blingy step-child that it is.

Take down is simple, cleaning is easy, ammo used to be cheap- Now I doubt you will find any unless you are willing to spend upwards of $40 per box of 50, like some of the jamokes on gunbroker right now...

The euro mag release is different but you get used to it very quickly. I was pleased with the accuracy of the gun as well. I can chase a can around the back field out to about 20/25yds. The SA trigger pull is not a tuned 1911 but it is quite crisp. The DA is about medium length and fairly heavy- definitely an added safety for the wife's (and your) piece of mind for her to CC.

Old 04-30-2009, 01:33 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Awesome.

I have heard that Sig does a much better job than S&W does on the PPKs and that the Sig fit and finish exceeds that of even the older Walthers. One of these little suckers has been on my short list of guns to add to the vault for years now. It's good to hear a first hand range report on them.

Unfortunately though, that "short list" just isn't anymore.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 04-30-2009, 02:27 AM   #4
Chr

Default Thanks for the info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slawth View Post
I have the P232sl. It is an excellent "pocket" firearm. They are a bit expensive compared to the similar Bersa or the Ruger and I doubt there is any function that justifies this extra cost.

It is, however, a very well made pistol and functions flawlessly for me all the time. I have the Hogue finger grips on mine to help control the snappiness a bit. The original intent was to have a gun my wife would actually take to the range and shoot, and that I might use as an occasional, summer business attire, carry but it didn't really work out. (what really happened is a flight I was doing a pick up for ended up being delayed and I managed to find a nearby gun shop to pass the time where I proceeded to justify an overpriced impulse buy as being "for the wife", lol)

I carry it as a back-up once and a while in the inside pocket of my jacket so it doesn't feel neglected for being the small blingy step-child that it is.

Take down is simple, cleaning is easy, ammo used to be cheap- Now I doubt you will find any unless you are willing to spend upwards of $40 per box of 50, like some of the jamokes on gunbroker right now...

The euro mag release is different but you get used to it very quickly. I was pleased with the accuracy of the gun as well. I can chase a can around the back field out to about 20/25yds. The SA trigger pull is not a tuned 1911 but it is quite crisp. The DA is about medium length and fairly heavy- definitely an added safety for the wife's (and your) piece of mind for her to CC.
I have a khar stainless. She likes the feel but the 9mm is a bit to strong for her. I have a Bersa 380 ( only paid $190.00 new for it, just don't trust it for her or me) and she likes the feel and can work the slide.
We will go look at the Sig this weekend. I wonder how hard they are to find. I been waiting for my new Kimber for 5 weeks now.

Last edited by Chr; 04-30-2009 at 10:02 AM.

Old 05-09-2009, 10:33 PM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Do you realize that Sig is now making two 380 pocket pistols?
The new one was announced at the 2009 SHOT Show, Sig model P238
It is a license copyof the old Colt Mustang, except all-metal and with Sig touches in the styling.
That's the one I'm waiting for.

Old 05-26-2009, 11:14 PM   #6

I've had a P232 for 3 years, great little gun. Shoots everything you put in the magazine and quite accurate for such a small weapon. I put in a Wolf Recoil spring that is 4lbs more than factory and my handloads (90 gr gold dot at 1120 fps) do not beat the gun up and because of the stainless construction recoil is very manageable,

Old 06-23-2009, 05:28 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 52

I purchased the P232 for my wife to use as a purse gun. It is a great weapon. Strait shooting. Do not remember when the last time I had a FTF or if I had one. Yet it is far from pocket size. It is okay for ankle carry. Yet for almost the same size, shape, and weight you can get a Sig P239 in 9mm with a 8rd mag. That is what I purchased for my ankle gun. Do not get me wrong there is nothing like a Sig. Once you buy one you will want more and more.