Sigs - Page 5
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns >

Sigs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2010, 05:41 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Well this is pretty much the amount of reloads I have (1150) and I sure hope they will cycle the slide and not create any jam. if they don't work as good, then I guess I'll have to spent a few days in the reloading room.

It will be my first Sig. Do they require a break-in period, if yes, how much ammo.
Any king of ammo or any will do.

Old 12-25-2010, 05:42 PM   #42

Well this is pretty much the amount of reloads I have (1150) and I sure hope they will cycle the slide and not create any jam. if they don't work as good, I guess I'll have to spent a few days in the reloading room.

It will be my first Sig. Do they require a break-in period, if yes, how much ammo.
Any king of ammo or any will do.

Old 12-25-2010, 06:23 PM   #43
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6820 Times on 3623 Posts
Likes Given: 513

my personal opinion: just give it a good cleaning to get he shipping preservative off the parts and out of the barrel then start shooting it. i dont think guns need a break in period. if your going to use it for ccw i would run 500+ rounds before you rely on it. along with making sure it functionas correctly with your self defense loads.
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Old 12-25-2010, 06:28 PM   #44
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3678 Times on 1773 Posts
Likes Given: 1816

Jon
That is always a good idea! Believe it or not I had a friend that bought a Brand New Revolver several years ago. Carried it for at least 6 months and never shot it. While with me he felt he finally got a chance to have time to shoot it. And guess what! I had a defective broken firing pin in it and would not fire the first shot! "Pucker Factor Big Time" So that is another reason for those who buy a new weapon to check it our for both function and reliability. I mean what is the chances of that happening! But MURPHY is ALIVE!

Old 12-25-2010, 08:04 PM   #45
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6820 Times on 3623 Posts
Likes Given: 513

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03 View Post
! But MURPHY is ALIVE!
damn straight. murphy is a bastard too and he revels in your misery.
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Old 12-26-2010, 12:10 AM   #46

Thanks guys,

Good ideas, and i believe in Murphy also.