Sigs
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Sigs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2010, 09:26 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

Default Sigs

When I got into handguns after I retired, I kind of gravitated towards Sigs. I found them completely reliable, inherently accurate, and extremely well built. Over the years I discovered many other platforms, especially the 1911, but it seems like I'm coming back to Sig. With the one I picked up on a swap last night, I now have more Sigs than any other make. My one real complaint is they are priced to high - but then again I never pay retail for anything as I get most of my guns via the trade route.

The latest one to find its way to my safe is a P226R in 9mm. Yup, it has a rail & night sights, and it will probably serve as one of my HD pistols. If nothing else, they are great trade bait...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-15-2010, 02:09 PM   #2

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Those are really nice looking. I've never shot a sig. No one I know owns one. If they can afford one they just get a 1911. But, I would like to try one out one day.

Old 09-15-2010, 05:17 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I've liked the two I've had, a P6 and a P226. The 226 grip is too wide for my strongside thumb to ride comfortably. The P6 was fine because it's single stack.

They shot accurately and reliably and were pretty stout. I liked them fine, but to buy a gun, I have to sell a gun, so they went.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 09-15-2010, 06:19 PM   #4

My P6/225:

My P226:

I love them both, and don't think I could ever part with them. I am a Sig guy through and through.

Old 09-15-2010, 06:36 PM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5738 Times on 2997 Posts
Likes Given: 380

i like em too. a small gripe i have is all the little wire-like springs to make everything work. i have a p220 45acp. fabulously accurate easy to shoot. they are pretty lightweight for the size. good for carry but makes it harder to get back on target than a 1911. never had a failure with it.

Old 09-15-2010, 06:46 PM   #6

The primary reason I like (DA/SA) Sigs for defensive guns is that once they're chambered & decocked - they are like high capacity revolvers. With the inherent double strike capability they also work well with hard primers...

Old 09-15-2010, 07:03 PM   #7

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

What do you think about the sig 1911's?

Old 09-15-2010, 07:06 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
What do you think about the sig 1911's?
When I lived near Atlanta, a good friend had 2 of them. Very good shooters but not really a "pure" 1911. They have external extractors and other small differences. I shot one and it was very good...

Old 09-16-2010, 07:29 PM   #9

I've personally never shot one, but a buddy of mine just picked up a 226 that I'd like to try out. He shot it and loves it, so I can't wait to try it. The one I'd really like a chance to shoot is the 238. Ive been looking for something to carry on those hot days here in Florida that doesn't have a 10 lb. really long trigger pull. I fondled one a bit at a local gun store last time I was there and it felt awesome in the hand and had a really nice trigger, so once I get the funds I'll probably pick one up. I know you are really happy with yours NGIB and I'm sure I'll feel the same.

I'm hoping to find a used one in nice condition but we'll have to see how things pan out.

-Fred

"Breathe when you can, shoot when you should."
-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"

Old 09-16-2010, 08:31 PM   #10

I have three 226’s, a 9mm, .357 sig, and the .40 in the pic, also have a 220 in .45 acp and a 556 rifle.
They are all incredible guns.
I had never owned a plastic gun, so I bought a P250 in .40 (pictured) and was a little disappointed, others I know that have them have only good things to say about them, but mine has had numerous FTF and FTE issues, and when I grip it my L/H thumb rests on the magazine release. Am sending back to Sig to see what’s causing the malfunctions.

I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.
-Ayn Rand

Last edited by Gordo323; 12-27-2010 at 03:25 AM.