Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Sigma Recoil Spring and guide rod assembly

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2009, 11:24 PM   #1
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 461 Times on 253 Posts

Default Sigma Recoil Spring and guide rod assembly

I have an early model Sigma SW357V and the recoil spring assembly doesn't stay together. When Taken it apart for cleaning The cap that holds it does not snap and maintain compression. When I put it back together it is tuff to keep pressure on to reinstall. (Occasionally send cap flying across room) Does anyone know where to get a replacement for it? S&W says it is no longer avail. and that the newer Sigma parts will not work. Any help acquiring a new one would be great.

I was going to order a spring asssembly from midway for the SW40 and see if it worked. But wanted to see if anyone had anything that would work before spending the money for something that won't.

Also thought about the assembly from a G22.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-19-2009, 10:32 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Try here........ Springs for SMITH & WESSON SIGMA FULL SIZE F SERIES PISTOLS Semi-Auto Pistols

"In God We Trust"

Old 12-19-2009, 04:00 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2547 Times on 1338 Posts
Likes Given: 192

Look here: Sprinco USA -- Recoil Reducers

Alan makes first rate springs and recoil reducers. I have Sprinco recoil reducers on several duty and comp pistols. The 40V model should work fine.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball