Is the Sigma really THAT bad? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Is the Sigma really THAT bad?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2009, 10:40 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Most, if not all, $250 -$300 9mm's and .40's aren't accurate at all, they have terrible triggers, and sometimes they aren't reliable.......except SgtMiller's hi-point, ofcourse.

Old 10-11-2009, 02:49 AM   #12
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

The Sigma and the M&P are night and day. Get some displine and save up for the pistol you want. The M&P has a far better trigger and hits what you aim it at. The recoil seems lighter, easy to get back on target for shot 2,3,4 ect and the grip is better IMHO. Suck it up and manage your $, the pistol you own my someday save your life. Bet you can find a M&P for about $500 new after the $50 rebate. Not a lot of these on the used market but they do show up. Plenty if used Sigmas on the used market, that should tell you something right there.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Last edited by WDB; 10-11-2009 at 02:53 AM.

Old 10-11-2009, 03:18 AM   #13

I guess I should have not assumed everyone knows what I'm thinking...

If I get a Sigma it will not be in lieu of a M&P. I'll still get the M&P, I'd just be getting the Sigma in the mean time. The reason I like the Sigma is it's small size so if I ever decide to carry concealed it's a bit more managable than a full size M&P. I was really more asking if I buy a Sigma will I regret it? I'll likely try to find a used one so the extra money can stay in the "buy the blasted M&P already" fund. I'm just sick of having only my .22s to shoot at the range and renting pistols there is too expensive ($5 gun rental, $20 for 50 rds of ammo, $10 range fee, and $1.75/ea. for targets)

Old 10-11-2009, 03:28 AM   #14

My 40VE is three years old and has approx 800+ rounds through it and works fine, the trigger is stiff but IMO a non-issue, about the same as a DA revolver.

"In God We Trust"

Old 10-11-2009, 07:47 PM   #15

Try the Ruger P95. I got that and I really like it. I held a sigma and I did not like the trigger at all. I don't think it has a saftey either, and with a first real handgun that might be something that you would want. I am glad I got my ruger.

Disclaimer
I know very little about handguns, but i like my P95.

Jason

Old 10-16-2009, 08:52 PM   #16

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

The Sigma series handgun is the poor man's Glock. If you purchase one, call the folks at S&W, and they can give you a good deal on fixing the notorious heavy trigger pull.

Double check this, but I believe there is a 50 dollar rebate for purchasing a Sigma (it may be limited time only).

Take care of these pistols properly, and they will treat you well. They are of a good design, and are accurate at all common defensive ranges (7, 10, 15, 25 yards).

Old 10-16-2009, 10:33 PM   #17
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2996 Times on 1561 Posts
Likes Given: 279

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT-MILLER View Post
The Sigma series handgun is the poor man's Glock. If you purchase one, call the folks at S&W, and they can give you a good deal on fixing the notorious heavy trigger pull.

Double check this, but I believe there is a 50 dollar rebate for purchasing a Sigma (it may be limited time only).

Take care of these pistols properly, and they will treat you well. They are of a good design, and are accurate at all common defensive ranges (7, 10, 15, 25 yards).
The poor man's Glock with a MUCH better grip design. Right handed or left handed they feel better. Yes the trigger is attrocious if you are used to a nice crisp 4# 1911 trigger. Like stated earlier, the trigger is more like a DA revolver. It was designed to ease transition for LEO's from DA revolvers to autos.

I believe the Afgan Police are getting Sigmas in 9mm.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 10-17-2009, 12:58 AM   #18
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 469 Times on 258 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain View Post
($5 gun rental, $20 for 50 rds of ammo, $10 range fee, and $1.75/ea. for targets)
So you'll be saving 5 dollars each visit. Buy the Sigma and enjoy it.

Old 10-18-2009, 12:20 AM   #19

Well, looks like I won't be getting anything for a while. The lawyers are pressing me too hard lately, so my $500 "gun" stash is being raided to pay for my bankrupcy. Back to $0...again.

Old 10-18-2009, 04:15 PM   #20

Sorry to hear that. When its time for you to buy a weapon the money will be there keep the faith and keep your head up