Sig SP2022 torture test
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Sig SP2022 torture test

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2011, 04:29 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Sig SP2022 torture test

This a partial test I found on youtube and it really hurt me how they tried to "defrost" the gun.

a few more...

Last edited by Poink88; 02-05-2011 at 04:34 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-05-2011, 08:39 AM   #2

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Screw the ice the test was the hammer slamming against it. Good to finally see someone has tried to put this gun through its paces. I own one in .40 and love it. It's part of my edc rotation. I visit the sigforum often and it seems like every other post is about this gun. I heard it was suppose to be replaced with the 250, which I think was a bad idea. I had one of those in full sz 45 sweet gun crappy trigger.

Old 02-05-2011, 12:37 PM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsavy View Post
Screw the ice the test was the hammer slamming against it. Good to finally see someone has tried to put this gun through its paces. I own one in .40 and love it. It's part of my edc rotation. I visit the sigforum often and it seems like every other post is about this gun. I heard it was suppose to be replaced with the 250, which I think was a bad idea. I had one of those in full sz 45 sweet gun crappy trigger.
My thoughts exactly but still can't believe someone would do that. I read and believe this is one of the most under rated guns currently available for the price. I've seen them online for less than $400

I haven't shot mine yet (or should I say my wife's ) but I love the ergo of this gun...even more than my XDm. The only down side is the take down but I remedied that and it is super easy now. Loving it so much that I am already considering buying another.

Last edited by Poink88; 02-05-2011 at 12:39 PM.

Old 07-25-2011, 02:10 PM   #4

What did you do to remedy the take down process?

Old 07-25-2011, 03:21 PM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreyray7 View Post
What did you do to remedy the take down process?
The take down lever need to be pushed out and on my pistol. The groove where the retainer spring holds it in place is deeper than it should be IMHO (not sure if it is similar to yours). I simply filed it down a bit to make it shallower. It still have a groove for the spring to seat in and still snaps in place but I reduced it enough so I can push it out with my finger with little effort consistently.

BTW, I gave my CZ75 SP-01 the same treatment. Now I can take it down w/o hammering the take-down lever with the magazine butt.

“Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig.”

"Memories are pictures in your mind." - Kathryn (my 3 year old daughter)

Last edited by Poink88; 07-25-2011 at 05:20 PM.

Old 08-14-2011, 01:06 PM   #6

The YouTube ice test video "Sig Sauer Pro 2022 congelata," the one where the moron defrost the Sig Pro with a hammer, is a fake. As a 20+ year video producer I know how to cheat video and can spot a fake a mile away. You cut, switch, film. At 7:54 into the video he did just that.

Please, doesn't try this one at home, gang.

Old 09-29-2011, 04:28 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poink88 View Post
The take down lever need to be pushed out and on my pistol. The groove where the retainer spring holds it in place is deeper than it should be IMHO (not sure if it is similar to yours). I simply filed it down a bit to make it shallower. It still have a groove for the spring to seat in and still snaps in place but I reduced it enough so I can push it out with my finger with little effort consistently.

BTW, I gave my CZ75 SP-01 the same treatment. Now I can take it down w/o hammering the take-down lever with the magazine butt.
Thanks for the tip! I've shot around 700 rounds throgh my SP2022 - 9mm and have really enjoyed the gun. Well rounded above-average gun, that's got more features on a slightly below average price range. Compared to the Sigma, Smith SD9, Ruger Compact - this is the gun for me. Got to admit take down shouldn't be the pain it is...I'll have to try your tip.