Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > SIG Sauer VS Glock

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2011, 09:18 AM   #81
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Liked 200 Times on 172 Posts
Likes Given: 61

Oops.. i meant 26 not 23 ;p

Old 12-29-2011, 02:10 AM   #82
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Glock all day everyday. I love Sig Arms a lot even have a shirt but Glock is a first class light weight weapon. I would pick Glock for any mission and any carry option for EDC over Sig. If I was in water or sand or extreme cold its Glock... My question is why own a firearm that is not capable of functioning in any condition nature can throw out. If you had to jump into water to save someone and needed to shoot its Glock... I could go on and on with examples of times an all purpose trusted pistol is needed.

Old 12-29-2011, 06:02 AM   #83

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveA View Post
I'd like to know how, considering the dealer price of a new gen4 glock 17 is $475.00. Even as a glock leo sub-distributor cost is $400.00
LEO Glocks are $398 with 3 mags.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 12-29-2011, 02:04 PM   #84

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallascj View Post
I haven't seen anybody mention these points, so here's my .02 worth. Both brands make guns that are radically different. Sigs are DA/SA or DAO, and Glocks are striker-fired. Secondly, MOST Sigs are metallic frame and ALL Glocks are polymer frame. In my mind, it comes down to preference, and not which is better. If you like a hammer, or metal frame gun, then Glock is definitely not for you and vice-versa. I have mostly S&W M&P's for semi-autos, so I have no dog in this fight. I own Glocks and just traded for a P250, and they both have their appeal, IMO. To say Glocks aren't ergonomic is ridiculous; they just aren't ergonomic FOR YOU. Gaston Glock did extensive research to determine the grip size and grip angle for the Glock 17. It is still one of the most innovative pistols of the 20th century, and has radically changed the offerings of all manufacturers today. For me, the best choice is the one you can shoot the best, and for me, that is the M&P platform.
Your mistake is that you are trying to use logic.

Well stated, by the way.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 12-29-2011, 07:27 PM   #85

The point in choosing a pistol is reliability. Striker fire is the best way to go. The GLOCK is all purpose very tough and to be used under almost any circumstance. The ways GLOCK are better than the rest speak for themselves.

Old 12-29-2011, 10:02 PM   #86

Glock, there's a damn good reason it makes up for 60% of pistol sales in the U.S. I don't think sig can even touch 'em

Never Forget.

Old 12-29-2011, 10:03 PM   #87

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stMarine View Post
Glock, there's a damn good reason it makes up for 60% of pistol sales in the U.S. I don't think sig can even touch 'em

Never Forget.
Can't beat those give away prices

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Old 12-29-2011, 10:56 PM   #88

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I have both and love em both.. The Sig's are starting to out number the Glocks,, so I might have to get one of those $300. glocks..

Old 12-29-2011, 11:47 PM   #89
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 220 Times on 177 Posts
Likes Given: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stMarine View Post
Yes, and it's the exact same reason Mercedes sales in the US can't touch Toyota.

Both are ultra durable and reliable. The Glock benefits from lighter weight, smaller price tag, and simplicity. The Sig (I'm talking alloy Sigs; Glock > Sig poly IMO) is pretty simple as well, but it's a "luxury class" pistol with the finest of finishes and superior trigger. Issues of feel and pointability between the two are completely subjective.

I'll take the Sig, but see plenty of merit in those who go Glock. But if popularity is some kind of evidence, we'd better go ahead and prop Hi-Point right up there next to Glock.

Old 12-30-2011, 12:44 AM   #90

Likes Given: 29

I personally prefer the Sig over Glock, although th only 1 I've ever had the opportunity to actually fire has been my 9mm SP2022 I love it, I have owned both the Glock 22 and 23, I tended to shoot the 23 more accurately but I shoot the SP2022 more accurately than either and much prefer the grip angle and overall feel of the Sig. As an aside, I've noticed at least 2 different posters have commented on the FBI using Sigs, I know their agents used to be issued the Glock 23 has this changed? If so, when did this occur?

God created man But Sam Colt made him equal.

When seconds count the police are only minutes away.