Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > SIG Sauer VS Glock

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2011, 11:44 PM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Sig.
Sig.
Sig.

Can't stand the Glock trigger.

"My thinker must be broken"

Old 12-21-2011, 04:57 AM   #62
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 27 Times on 20 Posts

Sig Sauer. Owned 3, now just 2: P239 & P226. Had a P245 for several years. Loved all of them.

If I have to explain it, you probably won't understand it.

Old 12-21-2011, 02:54 PM   #63

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I haven't seen anybody mention these points, so here's my .02 worth. Both brands make guns that are radically different. Sigs are DA/SA or DAO, and Glocks are striker-fired. Secondly, MOST Sigs are metallic frame and ALL Glocks are polymer frame. In my mind, it comes down to preference, and not which is better. If you like a hammer, or metal frame gun, then Glock is definitely not for you and vice-versa. I have mostly S&W M&P's for semi-autos, so I have no dog in this fight. I own Glocks and just traded for a P250, and they both have their appeal, IMO. To say Glocks aren't ergonomic is ridiculous; they just aren't ergonomic FOR YOU. Gaston Glock did extensive research to determine the grip size and grip angle for the Glock 17. It is still one of the most innovative pistols of the 20th century, and has radically changed the offerings of all manufacturers today. For me, the best choice is the one you can shoot the best, and for me, that is the M&P platform.

Old 12-21-2011, 02:56 PM   #64

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by g17frantz View Post
You tell me where you live and ill drive down there right now and buy 3 and I'm not even kidding. Do you get a military/Leo discount or are do you have an inside man? I would assume you would be referring to a Gen4 G17 considering it comes with 3 mags, if this is the case, than you sir have come across a LGS that doesn't care about making a dollar at all. Gen 4 G17's are at least $500 all day long (unless military/Leo discount). My LGS's have the absolute worst prices I have ever seen and they put them on sale occasionally for $500-but its still rare....hell if they sell guns that cheap where you're at, ill buy every new gun I get there.....
I live in Texas. If you need a place to stay when you come down to buy all those guns, then look me up.

Old 12-21-2011, 03:01 PM   #65
Jay

Liked 15 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallascj View Post
To say Glocks aren't ergonomic is ridiculous; they just aren't ergonomic FOR YOU.
If you're referring to my post, that's what I said.

Quote:
The ergonomics of the Glock line push me towards Sig or anyone elses 1911's. Personal preference.

NRA Life Member
Freedom has a flavor the protected can never taste...
USMC 8652, 2531, RVN Jun '67, - May 69

Some of my toys

Old 12-21-2011, 03:14 PM   #66

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailypoe View Post
I would contend that qwuite a lot of philosophy and refinement went into the polymer part. I prefer my wilson kz45, for sure. The glock is not designed for ergonomics.
This is one of the posts I am referring to. Your posts indicates a preference to the ergonomics of a specific gun and wasn't what I was talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiTheGunGuy View Post
Well that's your opinion, mine is that glocks are very boring looking guns. Not a lot of thought went into the design of it.
This one works, too. This must be a guy who gets all his info from internet forums, as he certainly knows nothing of the reality of the Glock design.

Last edited by dallascj; 12-21-2011 at 03:28 PM.

Old 12-21-2011, 05:48 PM   #67
Jay

Opinions rarely translate into facts...... uhhh, by the way... your opinions/info have also been posted to one of those "internet forum" thingies....

NRA Life Member

Some of my toys

Old 12-21-2011, 06:34 PM   #68

I just simply prefer a SIG over a Glock. I do not like the weight, trigger or grip angle of Glocks. Preference simply put..... I want to feel the firearm in my hand. The weight of a Glock just seems to toying for me. But I do understand why Police Officers use them. Especially if you are carrying the firearm around all day, everyday.

Old 12-22-2011, 04:27 PM   #69

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
Opinions rarely translate into facts...... uhhh, by the way... your opinions/info have also been posted to one of those "internet forum" thingies....
Jay,
My bad; I thought I was clarifying something based on your response. I didn't realize you were only being argumentative. Were you somehow under the impression that my post was intended to be considered 'fact', or that I was unaware that this was an internet forum? Perhaps you should read the sentence more closely, i.e. gets ALL his info from internet forums...

Old 12-22-2011, 04:36 PM   #70
Jay

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallascj View Post
Were you somehow under the impression that my post was intended to be considered 'fact', or that I was unaware that this was an internet forum?
Quote:
as he certainly knows nothing of the reality of the Glock design.
Unless I'm mistaken, that implies that you do know the reality (facts implied) of the Glock design, and he doesn't. Whatever you may or may not consider to be fact has absolutely no bearing on any given person's perception of the ergonomics, or lack of ergonomics , of the Glock line or any other firearm.

Being argumentative is fun when dealing with self imposed experts.

NRA Life Member

Some of my toys