Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > SIG Sauer VS Glock

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2011, 11:47 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I would take a Sig Pro 2022 over a Glock. The way its fits my hand was the best of any of the polymers I have tried. Next would be an M&P. The Glocks I have fired felt like a block of wood. As far as mechanically, the Glock may be more simple and reliable, I can't vouch either way, but I'm just not a fan of them.

Old 12-06-2011, 12:41 AM   #32

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by patches
I would take a Sig Pro 2022 over a Glock. The way its fits my hand was the best of any of the polymers I have tried. Next would be an M&P. The Glocks I have fired felt like a block of wood. As far as mechanically, the Glock may be more simple and reliable, I can't vouch either way, but I'm just not a fan of them.
Yes your absolutely right!!! But like everyone else has said it's all about personal preference, I love my sig pro and I would put it up against any glock any day. I'm also not a fan of striker fired pistols, but if I had to pick one it would be the XDM or M&P before a glock any day! I think what it is, is that the glock became so popular so fast that everyone just kinda flocks to it. There's a video on YouTube were a guy and some of his friends try to do a 1000 round test and before he could even finish the guide rod fell out, yet it still kept firing but before that he was having problems with FTF and FTE. So my point is even the glock has problems. Sig pro 2022 went threw a 5000 round test flawless!!! So sigs TO HELL AN BACK reliability stands true!! But to each his own

Old 12-06-2011, 01:34 AM   #33

Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HostileSigPro40 View Post
Ok at the guy who said marines use sigs and FBI use 1911, I don't know where on earth you get your info but your wrong!! When I was a marine we used the beretta M9 and now there using the M9A1, NOT SIGS!!! I wish we had sigs, now the navy seals use sigs. I have two brothers who are retired navy seals and they have them. Also the FBI do not use 1911's either. ALL of our Government like FBI,CIA,NSA, NCIS,DEA all use sigs so whoever told you all that was wrong. Plus the glock is not used nation wide by every police force. Some officers prefer the glock because they don't like there standard issued pistol, and they don't make alot of money so it's a cheap alternative that's reliable!!! Now I'm not putting down the glock but IMO I'm a SIG guy all the way. I don't like the feel of a glock and in my hands it feels cheaply made or like a toy, now that's my opinion. Glock is pretty reliable and alot of people have done SO CALLED torture test to them and they've still worked, but don't sit there and try to glorify the glock more than what it is. Thank you and again I'm not trying to offend anyone.
derp, I meant the seals.
marlin 1895sbl, g 30sf, wilson KZ45, & more
hoplophobia. : irrational fear of weapons as opposed to people.
odd : " oppositional defiance disorder. ", AKA having a spine. me to a tee.

... if the mafia was any bigger, it'd be our govt.
god guts gold guns, yeehaw
NAGR>NRA
45≠fat

Old 12-06-2011, 01:38 AM   #34

Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailypoe View Post
Glocks occaisonally explode, so do 1911's, I've seen a few pictures of ruptured 1911's on the forums ... You can't judge a pistol by a few extremely unlikely incidents.
As far as widespread government use, glock wins hands down, being used with over half of police forces. USMC use sigs, The FBI use 1911's.

I never understood sigs. A glock is far more reliable. Sorry, but there's a reason ppl haven't made hundreds of videos shooting in their pool with a sig. They are fairly low capacity, top heavy, and not immediately attractive to me. Glocks aren't pretty either, but when u consider their POU, they're beutiful in theri own way. 1911's are unquestionably a sexy gun. And If you can afford a good one, just as reliable as a sig.
And check that grip angle.
Google " FBI springfeild bureau model 1911 " ...
Over half of police in Canada use glocks, the only other weapons i've seen were sic shooters on the RCMP. I've been thru cali and all I saw on dozens of LEO's was glock after glock after glock and one s&w .357.
marlin 1895sbl, g 30sf, wilson KZ45, & more
hoplophobia. : irrational fear of weapons as opposed to people.
odd : " oppositional defiance disorder. ", AKA having a spine. me to a tee.

... if the mafia was any bigger, it'd be our govt.
god guts gold guns, yeehaw
NAGR>NRA
45≠fat

Old 12-06-2011, 02:43 AM   #35

I'm partial to glocks myself, the combination of the grip angle (which by the way is perfect for shooting on the draw good job glock), the caveman simplicity, and the fact that the slide has such a low profile helping keep the barrel down. I think the only thing that'd make it better for me would be if they did one in 5.7 x 28mm FN or 7.62mm Tokarev for more bullets in the mag and better penetration on body armor.

Old 12-06-2011, 11:21 PM   #36

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailypoe View Post
Google " FBI springfeild bureau model 1911 " ...
Over half of police in Canada use glocks, the only other weapons i've seen were sic shooters on the RCMP. I've been thru cali and all I saw on dozens of LEO's was glock after glock after glock and one s&w .357.
One reason so many departments have Glocks is due to$$$$$$. They ( the local government branch) are able to buy them cheaper than other weapons. If the department allows the officers to buy from several choices then you will often times find something else in that holster.

Old 12-07-2011, 04:55 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkett39

One reason so many departments have Glocks is due to$$$$$$. They ( the local government branch) are able to buy them cheaper than other weapons. If the department allows the officers to buy from several choices then you will often times find something else in that holster.
That is one reason, I can buy new Glocks with three mags locally for $398. It's hard to beat that.

Old 12-07-2011, 08:18 PM   #38

Nothing wrong with Glocks, I have owned a G21 and it worked great. But for my $$$ I would take a SIG P250 over a Glock any day of the week. They are more accurate, every bit as reliable, convertible to 4 calibers, 3 lengths of slide, 3 frame sizes, and 3 widths for hand size. Once the aftermarket gets on board making cheaper mags and custom parts for it, the P250 will surpass Glock in the market. IMHO

SIG P320 FULL SIZE .45ACP

Old 12-19-2011, 12:46 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by will_reed View Post
That is one reason, I can buy new Glocks with three mags locally for $398. It's hard to beat that.
I'd like to know how, considering the dealer price of a new gen4 glock 17 is $475.00. Even as a glock leo sub-distributor cost is $400.00

Old 12-19-2011, 12:57 AM   #40
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 137 Times on 88 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by HostileSigPro40 View Post
Ok at the guy who said marines use sigs and FBI use 1911, I don't know where on earth you get your info but your wrong!! When I was a marine we used the beretta M9 and now there using the M9A1, NOT SIGS!!! I wish we had sigs, now the navy seals use sigs. I have two brothers who are retired navy seals and they have them. Also the FBI do not use 1911's either. ALL of our Government like FBI,CIA,NSA, NCIS,DEA all use sigs so whoever told you all that was wrong. Plus the glock is not used nation wide by every police force. Some officers prefer the glock because they don't like there standard issued pistol, and they don't make alot of money so it's a cheap alternative that's reliable!!! Now I'm not putting down the glock but IMO I'm a SIG guy all the way. I don't like the feel of a glock and in my hands it feels cheaply made or like a toy, now that's my opinion. Glock is pretty reliable and alot of people have done SO CALLED torture test to them and they've still worked, but don't sit there and try to glorify the glock more than what it is. Thank you and again I'm not trying to offend anyone.
Check your facts you are partially right FBI is not totally Sig. Secret Service is Coast Guard is issued Sig's in .40 cal hollow points in Conus, ball in theater. DEA is issued Glock's. Army CID Sig's.
I prefer the Sig 226 in 357Sig or .40 for ccw.

http://militarysignatures.com/signat...ember14888.png
Retired LE, M.P., Sr. M.P. Investigator, armorer, F.B.I. Trained Rangemaster/Firearms Instructor , Presently Forensic Document Examiner for D.H.S.

Last edited by armsmaster270; 12-19-2011 at 01:04 AM.