SIG Sauer VS Glock - Page 32
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > SIG Sauer VS Glock

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2012, 08:43 PM   #311
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray

The G23, its the exact same frame as the 19. The .40 is a little more potent though, has she shot a .40 before. All women are different,just like my wife. My wife shocked me, she loves my 1911. Your wife may love the bigger calibers too. Both are good choices though, if ammo price doesnt really bother you, check out the G32 .357sig.
Yeah my wife loves big caliber guns, she grew up a country girl just as I grew up a country boy! Don't get me wrong she loves being girly and gettin all dressed up but when it comes to guns and four wheelin in my jeep or atv's or our big jacked up truck she loves it. She shoots her dads .44 mag and S&W 500. He just got a Ruger super redhawk Alaskan that shoots either the 45 long colt or 454 casull and first thing she did was go over and get first try at it. Now she wants one which is good cause I've been wanting one also. But the crazy thing is she's dead on accurate with all those guns, but she couldn't carry anything like that because they are heavy. So even though I don't want to she's probably gonna get her Glock compact that she wants. Thanks for the tip and I'll check out the ones you listed. Do they make one in a 10mm?

Old 03-05-2012, 08:52 PM   #312

Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by HostileSigPro40

Yeah my wife loves big caliber guns, she grew up a country girl just as I grew up a country boy! Don't get me wrong she loves being girly and gettin all dressed up but when it comes to guns and four wheelin in my jeep or atv's or our big jacked up truck she loves it. She shoots her dads .44 mag and S&W 500. He just got a Ruger super redhawk Alaskan that shoots either the 45 long colt or 454 casull and first thing she did was go over and get first try at it. Now she wants one which is good cause I've been wanting one also. But the crazy thing is she's dead on accurate with all those guns, but she couldn't carry anything like that because they are heavy. So even though I don't want to she's probably gonna get her Glock compact that she wants. Thanks for the tip and I'll check out the ones you listed. Do they make one in a 10mm?
There is the G29 10mm, but its a sub compact. Its probably not much of a joy to shoot

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 03-05-2012, 09:26 PM   #313

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by HostileSigPro40 View Post
On the other hand Sig did realize the quality of the P250 and mosquito was rushed when they brought those to guns out. The first gen P250 had alot of issues, but I heard that sig fixed the problems and the newer versions are much better. But I think I heard somewhere that sig is planning on getting rid of the p250 because it isn't selling like they thought it would. But I also agree with Sonic, Glock can keep making a reliable pistol when they just keep making the same ones and NEVER change up there design. The way I see it is GLOCK keeps riding there own coat tails by never trying to do something new, probably because they don't know anything else and there scared to change. But the new Gen4 glocks have had nothing but troubles. Everyone I've talked to that love there Glocks all tell me that they wouldnt buy a Gen4. But that's the problem with alot of us. We all like a gun manufacturer when there making great pistols but as soon as they come out with something new and if it doesn't work like its suppose to everyone starts talking crap about them. But that is what a GUN Manufacturer is suppose to do, come out with newer better weapons. Everything in the gun world is TRIAL & ERROR, if they don't at least try something new then believe me people will move on, and I APPLAUD SIG SAUER for trying new things. You never know how to get better unless you try to do new things.

The bugs are ironed out of the Gen4's.

One of the problems with the earlier (Gen2 & 3) .40s was that they were undersprung. They used the same spring as the 9mm. So the "fix" for the Gen4 was to have a dedicated spring for the .40s, and use that same spring for the 9mm. That was a bad choice.

Now, the .40s have their own springs, and the 9mms have their own springs. All all is fine and dandy.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 03-05-2012, 10:09 PM   #314

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

@M14sROCK- oh ok well I knew that there was problems with them because of so many people telling me about it. Thanks for letting me know.

Old 03-05-2012, 10:11 PM   #315

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Well I guess I'll have to take my wife up to the gun store and let her hold those models and see which one she likes best! She will be thrilled when I get home and tell her that I'll get her a glock! Lol

Old 03-05-2012, 10:18 PM   #316

Quote:
Originally Posted by HostileSigPro40
Well I guess I'll have to take my wife up to the gun store and let her hold those models and see which one she likes best! She will be thrilled when I get home and tell her that I'll get her a glock! Lol
getting a new gun is always good news, i bet that she will be excited. Let us know what the final decision is.

Old 03-05-2012, 10:40 PM   #317

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
getting a new gun is always good news, i bet that she will be excited. Let us know what the final decision is.
Will do and thanks for your help! Ive only owned one glock and that was a gen2 g22 .40 and I had problems with it and I never could get use to the grip, so I sold it and got a Sig and fell in love with them, and I also like the Rugers. So I'll be adding another glock to the family and who knows I won't be bias so if I like it, I might give it another try with my own because god I love my wife but she's greedy when it comes to her guns, LOL. She will literally tell me to get my own. But It will be her carry gun so I can't take it away from her! Lol

Old 03-06-2012, 07:19 PM   #318

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

!!UPDATE!!- So I got home from work yesterday to tell my wife that I was taking her up to the gun store to pick out her glock, and she got really excited and was like, "I thought you wouldn't buy a glock again" so I told her that I was only doing it for her because she wanted one. So let's just say she was in the truck before I could even change clothes! Got up to the store and she tried all the glocks that MrWray told me about plus some others and lets just say that I didn't have any influence on her at all. She knows her guns as well as I do and the look on her face was heart breaking because she wanted one so bad, but she looked at me and said, now I know why you don't like them, I don't like how it feels in my hand and it doesn't feel like a gun. She said it felt like a toy, so I told her its her call but she knows you don't get something if it doesn't feel right. Next thing I know something catches her eye and she got her big smile back and told the guy behind the counter I want to see that one! I looked over and wouldn't you know she picks the next gun I've been wanting to get, a Smith&Wesson M&P .40 compact. Soon as he handed it to her she looked at me and said this is the one, she loved how it felt and the guy got her a paddle holster just to try it out on the weight and drawing from her hip and she loved everything about it and I told her of course you would because that was gonna be my next one. Except I want the M&P Pro 9mm with the 5in barrel with night sights and tricked out trigger. So the guy then tells us that it also comes with two different size replacement back straps plus the one thats already on it and 3 mags. One flush base mag and 2 with the pinky extensions and it was on sale for the last day for $499. So I looked at her and said this it? She said yep, oh and I want the paddle holster too. So she now has a new M&P .40 compact and when we got home she went in the ammo cabinet pulled out my new PDX-1 .40s&w HP ammo and loaded all the mags up and put that one on her side of the bed! Sorry for this being so long but I just had to tell the story of it. Gonna take her to the range this weekend, but I took a couple picks of it before she put it all in her nite stand.

image-3514312005.jpg   image-1304847774.jpg  

Old 03-06-2012, 07:40 PM   #319

Congrats to your wife for finding the right one for her. The M&P was never brought up in our discussion, i dont know why i didnt think to mention those as another option. Glad that she is happy with it

Old 03-06-2012, 07:59 PM   #320

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Congrats to your wife for finding the right one for her. The M&P was never brought up in our discussion, i dont know why i didnt think to mention those as another option. Glad that she is happy with it
Yes sir she his! Like a kid in a toy store. I thank you for your help. I forgot about those too as another option. I mean I knew I wanted one for myself but I totally forgot they made those in a compact model. Also you couldn't imagine how hard it was for me not to pick up or even touch a gun in there, because I knew if I did then I would have been buying mine and that would have taken away from it being her surprise. So I just sat back just a grinding my teeth like a dang crack addict or something. Lol that's when you know your TOO addicted to guns! Lol