Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > SIG Sauer VS Glock

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2012, 08:59 PM   #301
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 14 Times on 8 Posts

It seems to me that Sig makes some good weapons but also has bombed on a few ie. mosquito & 250.....both of which I own so I know about the issues first hand.

I own 4 Glocks (17, 21, 23, & 27) & have never had any issues with them nor do hear about the Glock models that are known to have reliability issues.

Doesn't matter who I talk to, when the question of best weapon comes up it always boils down to Glock vs ????

Bottom line....Glock consistently makes a pretty awesome weapon that is difficult to get the better of.

Old 03-04-2012, 09:11 PM   #302

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonscottkelly View Post
It seems to me that Sig makes some good weapons but also has bombed on a few ie. mosquito & 250.....both of which I own so I know about the issues first hand.

I own 4 Glocks (17, 21, 23, & 27) & have never had any issues with them nor do hear about the Glock models that are known to have reliability issues.

Doesn't matter who I talk to, when the question of best weapon comes up it always boils down to Glock vs ????

Bottom line....Glock consistently makes a pretty awesome weapon that is difficult to get the better of.
Sure...but Glock doesn't change much in their line of handguns or designs. You could say the same about SIG's reliability if all they had was P226, P228, P229 and P239's.

I'd like to see an all-metal Glock or a DA/SA version or a 1911 Glock.

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Old 03-04-2012, 09:25 PM   #303

Liked 14 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic82

Sure...but Glock doesn't change much in their line of handguns or designs. You could say the same about SIG's reliability if all they had was P226, P228, P229 and P239's.

I'd like to see an all-metal Glock or a DA/SA version or a 1911 Glock.
Yeah....I get that sig has added some new models but the fact that the newer models are garbage does harm the brand & my overall opinion. I have 2 sigs i wish i never purchased. I have a hard time trusting a company that commits to the production of a product that does not live up to the quality of the company.

Old 03-04-2012, 09:40 PM   #304

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonscottkelly View Post
Yeah....I get that sig has added some new models but the fact that the newer models are garbage does harm the brand & my overall opinion. I have 2 sigs i wish i never purchased. I have a hard time trusting a company that commits to the production of a product that does not live up to the quality of the company.
Agreed...they shouldn't market a firearm until it is perfected.

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Old 03-05-2012, 04:28 PM   #305

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

On the other hand Sig did realize the quality of the P250 and mosquito was rushed when they brought those to guns out. The first gen P250 had alot of issues, but I heard that sig fixed the problems and the newer versions are much better. But I think I heard somewhere that sig is planning on getting rid of the p250 because it isn't selling like they thought it would. But I also agree with Sonic, Glock can keep making a reliable pistol when they just keep making the same ones and NEVER change up there design. The way I see it is GLOCK keeps riding there own coat tails by never trying to do something new, probably because they don't know anything else and there scared to change. But the new Gen4 glocks have had nothing but troubles. Everyone I've talked to that love there Glocks all tell me that they wouldnt buy a Gen4. But that's the problem with alot of us. We all like a gun manufacturer when there making great pistols but as soon as they come out with something new and if it doesn't work like its suppose to everyone starts talking crap about them. But that is what a GUN Manufacturer is suppose to do, come out with newer better weapons. Everything in the gun world is TRIAL & ERROR, if they don't at least try something new then believe me people will move on, and I APPLAUD SIG SAUER for trying new things. You never know how to get better unless you try to do new things.

Old 03-05-2012, 04:36 PM   #306

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Also one more thing to add, even though I don't like the Glocks now. If they were to build a different gun like a hammer fired DA/SA all metal gun, or something like a 1911 style then I would probably give them a try again. But I do have a Question. My wife is determined to get me to by her a compact glock in either a .9mm or .40s&w. For some reason she likes how light it is and she likes the feel of it in her hands. IF I were to get her one and that's a BIG IF, what model does anyone think I should get her for the 9mm and .40? The only reason I would do it is to keep momma happy! Because if she ain't happy then nobodys happy. Plus she usually gets what she wants LOL.

Old 03-05-2012, 05:23 PM   #307

Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by HostileSigPro40
Also one more thing to add, even though I don't like the Glocks now. If they were to build a different gun like a hammer fired DA/SA all metal gun, or something like a 1911 style then I would probably give them a try again. But I do have a Question. My wife is determined to get me to by her a compact glock in either a .9mm or .40s&w. For some reason she likes how light it is and she likes the feel of it in her hands. IF I were to get her one and that's a BIG IF, what model does anyone think I should get her for the 9mm and .40? The only reason I would do it is to keep momma happy! Because if she ain't happy then nobodys happy. Plus she usually gets what she wants LOL.
Let her check out the G19, its compact, easy to shoot and control, and ammo is plentiful. If she likes the glock and wants one, the G19 is a good choice.

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 03-05-2012, 05:26 PM   #308

Liked 21 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray

Let her check out the G19, its compact, easy to shoot and control, and ammo is plentiful. If she likes the glock and wants one, the G19 is a good choice.
Such a smart man! I second the Glock 19, it's my favorite

Old 03-05-2012, 05:27 PM   #309

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray

Ok great now which one would you suggest if she decides she wants to stay with a .40?

Old 03-05-2012, 05:50 PM   #310

Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by HostileSigPro40

Ok great now which one would you suggest if she decides she wants to stay with a .40?
The G23, its the exact same frame as the 19. The .40 is a little more potent though, has she shot a .40 before. All women are different,just like my wife. My wife shocked me, she loves my 1911. Your wife may love the bigger calibers too. Both are good choices though, if ammo price doesnt really bother you, check out the G32 .357sig.

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis