Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > SIG Sauer VS Glock

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2012, 08:59 PM   #301
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
bostonscottkelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 115
Liked 14 Times on 8 Posts

Default

It seems to me that Sig makes some good weapons but also has bombed on a few ie. mosquito & 250.....both of which I own so I know about the issues first hand.

I own 4 Glocks (17, 21, 23, & 27) & have never had any issues with them nor do hear about the Glock models that are known to have reliability issues.

Doesn't matter who I talk to, when the question of best weapon comes up it always boils down to Glock vs ????

Bottom line....Glock consistently makes a pretty awesome weapon that is difficult to get the better of.

__________________
bostonscottkelly is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:11 PM   #302
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Sonic82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Minneapolis,Minnesota
Posts: 2,901
Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonscottkelly View Post
It seems to me that Sig makes some good weapons but also has bombed on a few ie. mosquito & 250.....both of which I own so I know about the issues first hand.

I own 4 Glocks (17, 21, 23, & 27) & have never had any issues with them nor do hear about the Glock models that are known to have reliability issues.

Doesn't matter who I talk to, when the question of best weapon comes up it always boils down to Glock vs ????

Bottom line....Glock consistently makes a pretty awesome weapon that is difficult to get the better of.
Sure...but Glock doesn't change much in their line of handguns or designs. You could say the same about SIG's reliability if all they had was P226, P228, P229 and P239's.

I'd like to see an all-metal Glock or a DA/SA version or a 1911 Glock.
__________________
“He who stands for nothing will fall for anything.”
― Alexander Hamilton

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.
Sonic82 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:25 PM   #303
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
bostonscottkelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 115
Liked 14 Times on 8 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic82

Sure...but Glock doesn't change much in their line of handguns or designs. You could say the same about SIG's reliability if all they had was P226, P228, P229 and P239's.

I'd like to see an all-metal Glock or a DA/SA version or a 1911 Glock.
Yeah....I get that sig has added some new models but the fact that the newer models are garbage does harm the brand & my overall opinion. I have 2 sigs i wish i never purchased. I have a hard time trusting a company that commits to the production of a product that does not live up to the quality of the company.
__________________
bostonscottkelly is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:40 PM   #304
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Sonic82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Minneapolis,Minnesota
Posts: 2,901
Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonscottkelly View Post
Yeah....I get that sig has added some new models but the fact that the newer models are garbage does harm the brand & my overall opinion. I have 2 sigs i wish i never purchased. I have a hard time trusting a company that commits to the production of a product that does not live up to the quality of the company.
Agreed...they shouldn't market a firearm until it is perfected.
__________________
“He who stands for nothing will fall for anything.”
― Alexander Hamilton

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.
Sonic82 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 04:28 PM   #305
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
HostileSigPro40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 269
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Default

On the other hand Sig did realize the quality of the P250 and mosquito was rushed when they brought those to guns out. The first gen P250 had alot of issues, but I heard that sig fixed the problems and the newer versions are much better. But I think I heard somewhere that sig is planning on getting rid of the p250 because it isn't selling like they thought it would. But I also agree with Sonic, Glock can keep making a reliable pistol when they just keep making the same ones and NEVER change up there design. The way I see it is GLOCK keeps riding there own coat tails by never trying to do something new, probably because they don't know anything else and there scared to change. But the new Gen4 glocks have had nothing but troubles. Everyone I've talked to that love there Glocks all tell me that they wouldnt buy a Gen4. But that's the problem with alot of us. We all like a gun manufacturer when there making great pistols but as soon as they come out with something new and if it doesn't work like its suppose to everyone starts talking crap about them. But that is what a GUN Manufacturer is suppose to do, come out with newer better weapons. Everything in the gun world is TRIAL & ERROR, if they don't at least try something new then believe me people will move on, and I APPLAUD SIG SAUER for trying new things. You never know how to get better unless you try to do new things.

__________________
HostileSigPro40 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 04:36 PM   #306
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
HostileSigPro40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 269
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Default

Also one more thing to add, even though I don't like the Glocks now. If they were to build a different gun like a hammer fired DA/SA all metal gun, or something like a 1911 style then I would probably give them a try again. But I do have a Question. My wife is determined to get me to by her a compact glock in either a .9mm or .40s&w. For some reason she likes how light it is and she likes the feel of it in her hands. IF I were to get her one and that's a BIG IF, what model does anyone think I should get her for the 9mm and .40? The only reason I would do it is to keep momma happy! Because if she ain't happy then nobodys happy. Plus she usually gets what she wants LOL.

__________________
HostileSigPro40 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:23 PM   #307
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
MrWray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,372
Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HostileSigPro40
Also one more thing to add, even though I don't like the Glocks now. If they were to build a different gun like a hammer fired DA/SA all metal gun, or something like a 1911 style then I would probably give them a try again. But I do have a Question. My wife is determined to get me to by her a compact glock in either a .9mm or .40s&w. For some reason she likes how light it is and she likes the feel of it in her hands. IF I were to get her one and that's a BIG IF, what model does anyone think I should get her for the 9mm and .40? The only reason I would do it is to keep momma happy! Because if she ain't happy then nobodys happy. Plus she usually gets what she wants LOL.
Let her check out the G19, its compact, easy to shoot and control, and ammo is plentiful. If she likes the glock and wants one, the G19 is a good choice.
__________________

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

MrWray is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:26 PM   #308
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
1HotMama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 105
Liked 21 Times on 10 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray

Let her check out the G19, its compact, easy to shoot and control, and ammo is plentiful. If she likes the glock and wants one, the G19 is a good choice.
Such a smart man! I second the Glock 19, it's my favorite
__________________
1HotMama is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:27 PM   #309
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
HostileSigPro40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 269
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray

Let her check out the G19, its compact, easy to shoot and control, and ammo is plentiful. If she likes the glock and wants one, the G19 is a good choice.
Ok great now which one would you suggest if she decides she wants to stay with a .40?
__________________
HostileSigPro40 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:50 PM   #310
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
MrWray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,372
Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HostileSigPro40

Ok great now which one would you suggest if she decides she wants to stay with a .40?
The G23, its the exact same frame as the 19. The .40 is a little more potent though, has she shot a .40 before. All women are different,just like my wife. My wife shocked me, she loves my 1911. Your wife may love the bigger calibers too. Both are good choices though, if ammo price doesnt really bother you, check out the G32 .357sig.
__________________

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

MrWray is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
sig sauer p6 gutz47 General Handgun Discussion 11 10-26-2011 11:38 PM
Sig Sauer SS 226 X5 What Do You Think? ALS11 General Handgun Discussion 1 05-15-2011 06:05 PM
my first sig sauer County Boy Semi-Auto Handguns 10 01-26-2010 06:19 PM
Sig Sauer dnthmn2004 The Club House 0 02-26-2009 03:30 AM



Newest Threads