SIG Sauer VS Glock - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > SIG Sauer VS Glock

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2011, 08:41 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

That's kind of like comparing an elegant sports car (Sig) against a sprint track car (Glock).

Yeah, they are both fast, both have four wheels and a motor.

From there, they are light years apart in little things like fit and finish.

The Sig line, hands down, for this guy right here.

JD

Old 12-04-2011, 09:46 PM   #22

When I had to provide my own duty weapon, I've carried both Glocks and Sigs. While they have their differences, they all functioned 100% and were plenty accurate for their intended purpose. My Sigs always out shot my Glocks, but not by enough to really matter.

I now have to carry a department issued Sig 226 and it works just as well as any of the others IMO...

Old 12-05-2011, 03:26 AM   #23

Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiTheGunGuy View Post
Well that's your opinion, mine is that glocks are very boring looking guns. Not a lot of thought went into the design of it.
I would contend that qwuite a lot of philosophy and refinement went into the polymer part. I prefer my wilson kz45, for sure. The glock is not designed for ergonomics.
marlin 1895sbl, g 30sf, wilson KZ45, & more
hoplophobia. : irrational fear of weapons as opposed to people.
odd : " oppositional defiance disorder. ", AKA having a spine. me to a tee.

... if the mafia was any bigger, it'd be our govt.
god guts gold guns, yeehaw
NAGR>NRA
45≠fat

Old 12-05-2011, 09:21 PM   #24

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Ok at the guy who said marines use sigs and FBI use 1911, I don't know where on earth you get your info but your wrong!! When I was a marine we used the beretta M9 and now there using the M9A1, NOT SIGS!!! I wish we had sigs, now the navy seals use sigs. I have two brothers who are retired navy seals and they have them. Also the FBI do not use 1911's either. ALL of our Government like FBI,CIA,NSA, NCIS,DEA all use sigs so whoever told you all that was wrong. Plus the glock is not used nation wide by every police force. Some officers prefer the glock because they don't like there standard issued pistol, and they don't make alot of money so it's a cheap alternative that's reliable!!! Now I'm not putting down the glock but IMO I'm a SIG guy all the way. I don't like the feel of a glock and in my hands it feels cheaply made or like a toy, now that's my opinion. Glock is pretty reliable and alot of people have done SO CALLED torture test to them and they've still worked, but don't sit there and try to glorify the glock more than what it is. Thank you and again I'm not trying to offend anyone.

Old 12-05-2011, 09:29 PM   #25

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Quote:
Originally Posted by HostileSigPro40 View Post
Ok at the guy who said marines use sigs and FBI use 1911, I don't know where on earth you get your info but your wrong!! When I was a marine we used the beretta M9 and now there using the M9A1, NOT SIGS!!! I wish we had sigs, now the navy seals use sigs. I have two brothers who are retired navy seals and they have them. Also the FBI do not use 1911's either. ALL of our Government like FBI,CIA,NSA, NCIS,DEA all use sigs so whoever told you all that was wrong. Plus the glock is not used nation wide by every police force. Some officers prefer the glock because they don't like there standard issued pistol, and they don't make alot of money so it's a cheap alternative that's reliable!!! Now I'm not putting down the glock but IMO I'm a SIG guy all the way. I don't like the feel of a glock and in my hands it feels cheaply made or like a toy, now that's my opinion. Glock is pretty reliable and alot of people have done SO CALLED torture test to them and they've still worked, but don't sit there and try to glorify the glock more than what it is. Thank you and again I'm not trying to offend anyone.
You could have quoted the guy...like I just did with your post...so we know who/what you're discussing here.

Old 12-05-2011, 09:38 PM   #26

Liked 718 Times on 495 Posts
Likes Given: 743

I've shot the Glock 32 in .357 sig . It was a nice handgun and was very accurate. I like old single stack Sigs though. Just a personnal prefrence.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 12-05-2011, 11:21 PM   #27

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic82

You could have quoted the guy...like I just did with your post...so we know who/what you're discussing here.
Yeah I could have but I forgot too! Lol

Old 12-05-2011, 11:23 PM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 252 Times on 198 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Sig alloys > Glocks > Sig polymers

Just an opinion.

Old 12-05-2011, 11:32 PM   #29

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Also the other standard issued pistol to our forest recon element marines is the MEU(SOC) .45 pistol that originated from the old M1911 browning pistol. It's still issued to them today! But in my opinion I really like the sigs. Matter of fact I just picked up another new sig which is there polymer frame one, the SIG PRO SP2022 .40s&w, that is sigs most underrated combat pistol on the market for a cheap cost. I tell you what it's one great firearm and you think people have done torture tests on the glock!! You should see what some people have done to sig pro.

Old 12-05-2011, 11:42 PM   #30
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2016 Times on 1097 Posts
Likes Given: 604

Split the difference and get an XD.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I am who I am and your approval is not needed.