SIG Sauer VS Glock - Page 28
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > SIG Sauer VS Glock

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2012, 03:05 PM   #271
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 164 Times on 116 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by nccinstaller View Post
Depends on the purpose of the firearm. I enjoy target shooting my sigs better than my glock but prefer my glock for carry. The sig is more enjoyable to shoot at the range due to easier recoil and find them to be a tad more accurate. But i enjoy the lighter polymer frame and rugged design of my glocks for everyday use. I do find both guns to he extremely reliable also
I don't own a Sig yet, I have rented a few and loved them. I carry a Glock at work for a couple of reasons, if I bump it up a little it doesn't mind, if I get it really dirty (I am an automotive tech ) then all I have to do is clean it up and all is well again. My other guns never see the shop except when it is time for a good cleaning.

So depending on the life the gun will live dictates the answer, a thru hell and back gun go with a Glock, a gun that will be carried in a gentler manner go with either one you like the best.

Don't question my right to own a gun and I won't question your stupidity not to.

You give Peace a chance, we will cover you if it doesn't work out.

Old 03-02-2012, 03:36 PM   #272

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brennan16 View Post
I guess proof that you are wrong isn't enough
Nope...it's plastered all over the internet of the last HS contract....it's big news. SIG, SIG, SIG everywhere on the interweb So...where's this Glock contract, I can't find a thing. And, the proof is on you for your unsupported statement. I'd like to see it, as I find that kind of thing interesting.

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Old 03-02-2012, 06:01 PM   #273
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 273 Times on 212 Posts
Likes Given: 120

Sonic82 - Are you familiar w the Blue Press published by Dillon Precision ? They wrote an article about the Army's next combat pistol that essentially details our Armed forces quest for a sidearm that soldiers won't shoot themselves in the foot or leg with. (they were not fans of Glock triggers)

I have an old Army bud who has been in the secret service for a long time. Last time we talked, he was issued a Sig primary and Sig BUG. They were NOT allowed to have the guns modified in any way, shape or form.

Old 03-02-2012, 06:37 PM   #274

Liked 88 Times on 56 Posts

I guess I'll just tell my uncle that he's wrong. Not an easy thing to do. He was a federal agent for 25 years and now he's been with the PAPD for a few years. I guess his word doesn't mean squat since its not published any where on the WWW.

Sent from my iPhone using FirearmsTalk

Old 03-02-2012, 06:52 PM   #275

Liked 15 Times on 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brennan16
I guess I'll just tell my uncle that he's wrong. Not an easy thing to do. He was a federal agent for 25 years and now he's been with the PAPD for a few years. I guess his word doesn't mean squat since its not published any where on the WWW.

Sent from my iPhone using FirearmsTalk
Things change over the years. It's not a biggest dick contest, you may both be right, just getting your info from different eras.

Old 03-02-2012, 07:05 PM   #276

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

@Sonic82- hey bro just calm down and say WOOSA bubba!! Lol we know what we know and some people that are die hard Glock lovers are gonna stick up for them. To add to your fight bro, our Armory Tank Division also awarded SIG a contract for 5000+ units of the SIG PRO SP2022 because it did great in there trials. Military and All government agencies are not gonna go with a Striker Fired pistol as a main side arm for there people. To much liability with no safety and and not haveing a restrike capability like a hammer fired gun. That's why most are using the Sigs. Also I'll try to find the link on it but look up the video on YouTube were a LEO had a criminal on the ground fixing to hand cuff him and his female partner is standing in front with her GLOCK pointing at him and a slip of the finger set the GLOCK off almost hitting her partner and almost killing the criminal! Bullet impacted just a few inches from the guys head and a few inches from her partners foot/leg. The glocks are to sensitive.

Old 03-02-2012, 07:26 PM   #277

Liked 1012 Times on 607 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by HostileSigPro40
@Sonic82- hey bro just calm down and say WOOSA bubba!! Lol we know what we know and some people that are die hard Glock lovers are gonna stick up for them. To add to your fight bro, our Armory Tank Division also awarded SIG a contract for 5000+ units of the SIG PRO SP2022 because it did great in there trials. Military and All government agencies are not gonna go with a Striker Fired pistol as a main side arm for there people. To much liability with no safety and and not haveing a restrike capability like a hammer fired gun. That's why most are using the Sigs. Also I'll try to find the link on it but look up the video on YouTube were a LEO had a criminal on the ground fixing to hand cuff him and his female partner is standing in front with her GLOCK pointing at him and a slip of the finger set the GLOCK off almost hitting her partner and almost killing the criminal! Bullet impacted just a few inches from the guys head and a few inches from her partners foot/leg. The glocks are to sensitive.
I remember seeing that video, sad to say but that was her stupidity and not the glocks fault.

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 03-02-2012, 08:21 PM   #278

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzilla View Post
Sonic82 - Are you familiar w the Blue Press published by Dillon Precision ? They wrote an article about the Army's next combat pistol that essentially details our Armed forces quest for a sidearm that soldiers won't shoot themselves in the foot or leg with. (they were not fans of Glock triggers)

I have an old Army bud who has been in the secret service for a long time. Last time we talked, he was issued a Sig primary and Sig BUG. They were NOT allowed to have the guns modified in any way, shape or form.
Yes familiar with Dillons publication. Thanks for the info on the SS. I'd ask for proof since it's your word here. But, we're talking SIG so it's very believable

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Old 03-02-2012, 08:28 PM   #279

Quote:
Originally Posted by HostileSigPro40 View Post
Glock people are too sensitive

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfev1980 View Post
Things change over the years. It's not a biggest dick contest, you may both be right, just getting your info from different eras.
I appreciate your concern to help quell the tension...but we must have verifiable proof of all Glock claims...without it, it's just another Al Gore docu-drama.

Old 03-02-2012, 09:07 PM   #280

Liked 247 Times on 169 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HostileSigPro40
Yea ive seen that video, made me think twice about making it my carry