Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > SIG Sauer VS Glock

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2012, 08:33 PM   #241
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 742
Liked 48 Times on 38 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by billt
http://www.gsnmagazine.com/node/21291?c=law_enforcement_first_responders

"During phase two of a three-phased evaluation process, the ATF asked 20 of its agents to put all three proposed handguns through identical “live-fire” tests.

“Based on the results of the shooting tests, the [source selection board] recommended to the contracting officer that Sig Sauer’s handgun be excluded from further consideration as unacceptable with respect to reliability,” said the GAO, in a decision document released on August 18. ATF agents had recorded 58 stoppages with Sig Sauer’s full-size and compact pistols, 13 of which were considered to be gun-induced and 45 shooter-induced."

What pistol was this on in this 1 article back in Aug 2010. on?
__________________
GunRunner is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:37 PM   #242
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Sonic82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Minneapolis,Minnesota
Posts: 2,901
Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman1 View Post
posted by bilt i do not need to post it again ifn you read the agreement was sighned then backed out of by the dutch thats a contract
So...you're still baseing your argument on the P250 and a contract that never was. It's clear you are baseing your argument purely on emotions rather than substance. And it's also clear that you have 'nothing' on SIG's bread and butter,signature and most popular pistol designs.

Your arguement is akin to Glock making a new, all steel pistol. Putting it up for trials with an agency...and failing those trials. And then declaring Glock is loseing contracts with agencys....silly, isn't it?
__________________
“He who stands for nothing will fall for anything.”
― Alexander Hamilton

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.
Sonic82 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:53 PM   #243
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
rifleman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Live Oak,California
Posts: 1,517
Liked 373 Times on 230 Posts
Likes Given: 1027

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic82 View Post
So...you're still baseing your argument on the P250 and a contract that never was. It's clear you are baseing your argument purely on emotions rather than substance. And it's also clear that you have 'nothing' on SIG's bread and butter,signature and most popular pistol designs.

Your arguement is akin to Glock making a new, all steel pistol. Putting it up for trials with an agency...and failing those trials. And then declaring Glock is loseing contracts with agencys....silly, isn't it?
wha. wha. wha. anyways my argument is based on the simple fact that the dutch sighned a contract for mass production then backed out of the deal based on the simple fact that the gun could not perform to expectation.expectation set forward by sig them selfs.now comparing a a gun made by glock that does not exist is assanine.
__________________

No Bells.No Whistles.Just perfection.

rifleman1 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:38 AM   #244
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
HostileSigPro40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 269
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Default

Ok first I'm a big Sig fan but I myself would never buy or get or even take for free a Sig P250.. That gun hasn't been tested enough and it has had alot of problems. They were gonna replace the Sig Pro SP2022 with the P250 due to it being a military and police pistol, but the P250 was found to not be that reliable and they didn't want to stake there reputation on that being the only poly frame pistol so they decided to keep the Sig SP2022. But like I said you can't compare a Sig to a Glock because there totally two different pistols. But don't dog on all sigs because of the P250. That is a totally different gun that sig was trying to come out with, meaning it's the first modular design with no hammer. Well it's a flush style hammer. But it's not selling well so I don't expect it to be around much longer. But as SONIC82 said the Sig pistols are being used by ALOT of different agencies and here in Texas alot of our police forces are issued Sigs. Some are using Glocks but most are using Sigs. But to each his own!! Everyone has there own opinions and there own brand they like. I've got a good buddy who's active in the US ARMY and he's a die hard RUGER fan and doesn't care what anyone tells him. So everyone has there own opinion.

__________________
HostileSigPro40 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:48 AM   #245
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
rifleman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Live Oak,California
Posts: 1,517
Liked 373 Times on 230 Posts
Likes Given: 1027

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HostileSigPro40 View Post
Ok first I'm a big Sig fan but I myself would never buy or get or even take for free a Sig P250.. That gun hasn't been tested enough and it has had alot of problems. They were gonna replace the Sig Pro SP2022 with the P250 due to it being a military and police pistol, but the P250 was found to not be that reliable and they didn't want to stake there reputation on that being the only poly frame pistol so they decided to keep the Sig SP2022. But like I said you can't compare a Sig to a Glock because there totally two different pistols. But don't dog on all sigs because of the P250. That is a totally different gun that sig was trying to come out with, meaning it's the first modular design with no hammer. Well it's a flush style hammer. But it's not selling well so I don't expect it to be around much longer. But as SONIC82 said the Sig pistols are being used by ALOT of different agencies and here in Texas alot of our police forces are issued Sigs. Some are using Glocks but most are using Sigs. But to each his own!! Everyone has there own opinions and there own brand they like. I've got a good buddy who's active in the US ARMY and he's a die hard RUGER fan and doesn't care what anyone tells him. So everyone has there own opinion.
very well said
__________________

No Bells.No Whistles.Just perfection.

rifleman1 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:25 AM   #246
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DodgerBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Maricopa county, AZ
Posts: 769
Liked 80 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Default

The P250 was supposed to be buyer friendly. They were trying to make a gun for the masses. Glock, Xd, Ruger, had the 450-500 all sewed up. While SIG sat there with their income bracket of 700+

They just wanted a piece of the pie. They rushed a product to market without sending it "To hell and back" and it showed/s.
They banked on their name and past history moving units once the price got out. Turns out it back fired on them. Not only did the p250 become a quick failure, SIG's entire reputation took a hit.

Glock makes one of the worlds finest grunt issue combat gun. Hk being the other and above Glock. Glock can take a beating, dirt, grim, ect. you all seen the test and countless demos on Youtube.

IMO, SIG 1911s are among the finest there are. For a mass produced gun and not custom built pieces, SIG should be considered A if not A+ gun maker as should Glock

But a side by side comparison of SIG vs. Glock is very hard. Two very different guns for too many different uses/people.

__________________

Loyalty can't be bought at any price;
but it can be rented remarkably cheaply.

DodgerBlue is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:14 AM   #247
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Brennan16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 427
Liked 88 Times on 56 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ
Split the difference and get an XD.
You betcha. I have 2 XD40s.
Although, I do have a SIG P250 subcompact in 9mm, I just haven't had the chance to shoot it yet. Never owned a Glock but have shot numerous of them.

Sent from my iPhone using FirearmsTalk
__________________
Brennan16 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:56 PM   #248
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Sonic82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Minneapolis,Minnesota
Posts: 2,901
Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman1 View Post
very well said
lol...nice back-stepping
__________________
“He who stands for nothing will fall for anything.”
― Alexander Hamilton

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.
Sonic82 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:38 PM   #249
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
rifleman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Live Oak,California
Posts: 1,517
Liked 373 Times on 230 Posts
Likes Given: 1027

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic82 View Post
lol...nice back-stepping
i do not back step ill take my glock over a sig any day that is why i sold my p239 to buy a good gun it was my first glock 19.
__________________

No Bells.No Whistles.Just perfection.

rifleman1 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 11:52 PM   #250
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
sjn1955's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 53
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailypoe
Glocks occaisonally explode, so do 1911's, I've seen a few pictures of ruptured 1911's on the forums ... You can't judge a pistol by a few extremely unlikely incidents.
As far as widespread government use, glock wins hands down, being used with over half of police forces. USMC use sigs, The FBI use 1911's.

I never understood sigs. A glock is far more reliable. Sorry, but there's a reason ppl haven't made hundreds of videos shooting in their pool with a sig. They are fairly low capacity, top heavy, and not immediately attractive to me. Glocks aren't pretty either, but when u consider their POU, they're beutiful in theri own way. 1911's are unquestionably a sexy gun. And If you can afford a good one, just as reliable as a sig.
And check that grip angle.
FBI agents carry the G23 (40 caliber) not 1911s
__________________
sjn1955 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
sig sauer p6 gutz47 General Handgun Discussion 11 10-26-2011 11:38 PM
Sig Sauer SS 226 X5 What Do You Think? ALS11 General Handgun Discussion 1 05-15-2011 06:05 PM
my first sig sauer County Boy Semi-Auto Handguns 10 01-26-2010 06:19 PM
Sig Sauer dnthmn2004 The Club House 0 02-26-2009 03:30 AM