SIG Sauer VS Glock - Page 21
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > SIG Sauer VS Glock

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2012, 08:21 PM   #201
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 157 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 119

I've never been "handle sensitive" to pistols. I hold my hand accordingly to place the front sight into the notch of the rear, then squeeze the trigger. I've never understood how someone can hold a Glock and be looking at the top of the slide? Lower the front sight. The human hand and wrist have a large number of joints, tendons and muscles which allow for extreme dexterity, all of them allow what it's holding to be held in a multiple of different positions.

Old 02-23-2012, 11:37 PM   #202

Liked 21 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virginia58
Not saying Glocks aren't reliable, and the some folks love them. However, the ones I have shot do not fit my hands well. I don't shoot them well, don't like the trigger, and they are butt ugly...

You've got to admit. If you give a 3 year old a crayon and a piece of paper, and ask him to draw a gun...what you get is a Glock.
I think beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder because I don't think my Glock is ugly. I know the consensus on here is that they are but I just don't see it. Maybe that's because I know it will go bang every time I pull the trigger and to me that's a bee-yoo-tee-ful thing

Old 02-24-2012, 12:16 AM   #203

Liked 1037 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 1034

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1HotMama View Post
I think beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder because I don't think my Glock is ugly. I know the consensus on here is that they are but I just don't see it. Maybe that's because I know it will go bang every time I pull the trigger and to me that's a bee-yoo-tee-ful thing
There are beautiful pistols out there like the Browning Hi Power but I agree the Glock is not ugly and its function is beautiful.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 02-24-2012, 02:18 AM   #204

Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
There are beautiful pistols out there like the Browning Hi Power but I agree the Glock is not ugly and its function is beautiful.
i hate that external extractor, i looks like a random lopsided tube hanging off the gun. ...
marlin 1895sbl, g 30sf, wilson KZ45, & more
hoplophobia. : irrational fear of weapons as opposed to people.
odd : " oppositional defiance disorder. ", AKA having a spine. me to a tee.

... if the mafia was any bigger, it'd be our govt.
god guts gold guns, yeehaw
NAGR>NRA
45≠fat

Old 02-24-2012, 04:57 AM   #205

Liked 1037 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 1034

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailypoe View Post
i hate that external extractor, i looks like a random lopsided tube hanging off the gun. ...
Nah, that's just a beauty mark!

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 02-25-2012, 03:05 PM   #206

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HostileSigPro40
Also the other standard issued pistol to our forest recon element marines is the MEU(SOC) .45 pistol that originated from the old M1911 browning pistol. It's still issued to them today! But in my opinion I really like the sigs. Matter of fact I just picked up another new sig which is there polymer frame one, the SIG PRO SP2022 .40s&w, that is sigs most underrated combat pistol on the market for a cheap cost. I tell you what it's one great firearm and you think people have done torture tests on the glock!! You should see what some people have done to sig pro.
Could you post a link to where I can see this torture test. I've seen some torture tests on the glock and now I can't help but wonder how a torture test can be worse than some of the stuff I've seen with glocks.

Old 02-25-2012, 03:26 PM   #207

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

http://www.theprepared.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=90&Item

Old 02-25-2012, 05:47 PM   #208

Liked 430 Times on 271 Posts
Likes Given: 1266

well this is enough to keep me on the side of the glock just like they say no bells,no whistles, just perfection.....

No Bells.No Whistles.Just perfection.

Old 02-26-2012, 02:28 AM   #209

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Glocks are excellent firearms but I cannot get past the site of them. Sig Sauer for me.

Old 02-26-2012, 02:54 AM   #210

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CipsterX
Glocks are excellent firearms but I cannot get past the site of them. Sig Sauer for me.
I want to try a sig 1911. I've heard so many good things about them and they a beautiful looking guns.