SIG Sauer VS Glock - Page 20
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > SIG Sauer VS Glock

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2012, 04:21 PM   #191
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5010 Times on 2429 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagj17 View Post
Um... around here the 'poly' sigs (sigarms 2022) run around the price of a sigma, last I checked. Glocks were 450( iirc) and the sigarms was. 325.
Yeah I think I got the price wrong on the 2022. Two different friends caught the Signess recently. One I mentioned earlier got a 226 and a 229. The other got a 2022. I double checked with him last night and he paid $425.00

We both live in Van WA and can buy long guns across the creek in Oregon with no sales tax. Can do the same with pistols but the OR dealer can't deliver them to us. Must ship them to WA FFL who must charge the tax and understandably wants a transfer fee "since he did not make anything on the gun".

Due to this sittuation I find that pistols in Clark CO WA typically retail for $20 to $25 more than Oregon prices but that ok with me. I'd rather support my small local FFL's and I don't have to pay any State income tax which is a he'll of alot more than the sale tax paid on the 1 to 2 pistols I buy in a typical year.

Tack

Old 02-17-2012, 09:36 PM   #192

Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phelenwolf View Post
Thanks, the knife was my Father's Day present from my kids. It is a Cold Steel Spartan. It feels very good in the hand. You should try there Rajah II and III, also. I have two brands of knives I carry, Cold Steel and SOG. Have used them for over 20 yrs. From my time in the military to current hunting/fishing trips.
cold steel has some amazing product demos, i know a lot of ppl who are slavishly devoted to theiri products.... stay away from the polymer " knives ", tho... i had one break off in leather.
marlin 1895sbl, g 30sf, wilson KZ45, & more
hoplophobia. : irrational fear of weapons as opposed to people.
odd : " oppositional defiance disorder. ", AKA having a spine. me to a tee.

... if the mafia was any bigger, it'd be our govt.
god guts gold guns, yeehaw
NAGR>NRA
45≠fat

Old 02-18-2012, 03:29 AM   #193

Liked 15 Times on 9 Posts

My only experience with Sig is the Mosquito & it is a piece if garbage....so much so I can't bear purchasing another Sig.....however, I own 2 glocks, 17 & 21, and both have been phenomenal handguns. Both gen 2 with many, many rounds through them & zero issues. Like them or not it is difficult to argue that Glock does not make a solid weapon.

Old 02-18-2012, 01:20 PM   #194

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonscottkelly
My only experience with Sig is the Mosquito & it is a piece if garbage....so much so I can't bear purchasing another Sig.....however, I own 2 glocks, 17 & 21, and both have been phenomenal handguns. Both gen 2 with many, many rounds through them & zero issues. Like them or not it is difficult to argue that Glock does not make a solid weapon.
I wouldn't judge a entire firearms manufacture because of one model,Sig Sauer has made some of the best firearms for almost a century way before Glock was thought of,believe me if its a German firearm manufacture its not garbage.

Combat Corespondent

Old 02-18-2012, 02:40 PM   #195

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default My favorite tupperware pistol.

I have owned Glocks and they are very good pistols, but I feel that the SIG P250 is a far superior design in every way. The DAO trigger while a long reset is the smoothest and lightest DAO I have ever shot. It is every bit as accurate as the metal frame sigs, and the modular design that allows 4 calibers to be shot from the same one FCU is a great advantage for when ammo is limited in supply as it sometimes is in .45 . For me the ergonomics are better than the Glock too. I don't think tupperware gets any better than the P250.

SIG P320 FULL SIZE .45ACP

Old 02-18-2012, 03:10 PM   #196

[QUOTE="pfev1980"]

The last thing a cop wants to do is mess with a bunch of safeties and switches and crap when he draws on a bad guy.

Last time I checked Sigs don't have safeties. You can also draw and fire a Sig without touching those switches. As far as crap is concerned I have rubber gloves for that. So give me a Sig!!!

Old 02-18-2012, 03:12 PM   #197

Sorry quoted that wrong. My word the second paragraph

Old 02-18-2012, 05:32 PM   #198

Liked 15 Times on 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankmechanic
Sorry quoted that wrong. My word the second paragraph
I wasn't comparing sig to Glock I was just saying for the most part cops use glocks and here are some reasons why... Then I said it was a good gun for the price but there are prettier, safer and cheaper. Glock is just a good combination of the qualities a police department a cop might want.

Old 02-22-2012, 03:03 AM   #199
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 4 Posts

Not saying Glocks aren't reliable, and the some folks love them. However, the ones I have shot do not fit my hands well. I don't shoot them well, don't like the trigger, and they are butt ugly...

You've got to admit. If you give a 3 year old a crayon and a piece of paper, and ask him to draw a gun...what you get is a Glock.

Virginia58

"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts."
~John Wooden

If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.

Old 02-23-2012, 04:50 PM   #200

Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virginia58 View Post
Not saying Glocks aren't reliable, and the some folks love them. However, the ones I have shot do not fit my hands well. I don't shoot them well, don't like the trigger, and they are butt ugly...

You've got to admit. If you give a 3 year old a crayon and a piece of paper, and ask him to draw a gun...what you get is a Glock.
for me, functionality is beautiful. when you consider the design philosophy of the glock, i think it's actually pretty cool-looking. nothing like a nice wilson 1911, tho .... I have held an actual glock several times and I like the push i get from the 9mm. .. handling a .45, nooot soo much. .. ... .. I like the feel of steel, for .45... feels like a real gun.
marlin 1895sbl, g 30sf, wilson KZ45, & more
hoplophobia. : irrational fear of weapons as opposed to people.
odd : " oppositional defiance disorder. ", AKA having a spine. me to a tee.

... if the mafia was any bigger, it'd be our govt.
god guts gold guns, yeehaw
NAGR>NRA
45≠fat