SIG Sauer VS Glock - Page 13
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > SIG Sauer VS Glock

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2012, 11:50 PM   #121
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
PrinC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Miami,Florida
Posts: 64
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Default

I see the Sig as a high end pistol that is very accurate. It would be a good pistol for competitions.I do not think the Sig can endure the torture of a glock. The Glock, however, is a combat weapon and can be counted upon, through thick n thin, mud, hail or snow and water. The Glock can be modified to be a good and more accurate racegun, whereas I cannot see the present Sig lineup being modified to be like a glock in reliability.

__________________
PrinC is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 12:34 PM   #122
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
HostileSigPro40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 269
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinC
I see the Sig as a high end pistol that is very accurate. It would be a good pistol for competitions.I do not think the Sig can endure the torture of a glock. The Glock, however, is a combat weapon and can be counted upon, through thick n thin, mud, hail or snow and water. The Glock can be modified to be a good and more accurate racegun, whereas I cannot see the present Sig lineup being modified to be like a glock in reliability.
Are you serious? Ok I'm not putting the glock down, but sigs number one motto is "TO HELL AND BACK RELIABILITY". I do believe your misinformed about the sig. The SIG P229 elite is used in most competitions, and sigs are combat handguns as well!! They can handle everything the glock can and more! Also you can't compare a sig to a glock. Sigs are hammer fired and glocks are striker fired, totally two different firearms. I have the Sig Pro SP2022 in .40s&w and it's the best polymer gun sig has ever produced and I use it with my shooting team and in IDPA and USPSA tournaments, and I promise you it's one of the best weapons I have used for a polymer gun and I'll laydown any kind of money you want and I'll take it up against anyone's glock that is stock now, and we will go up against any test you want and I guarantee my sig pro's gonna come out on top every time! I've seen first hand a guy trying to do a 1000rd test and he blew the guide rod smooth out and before that as the gun started heating up he was having jams and all kinds of stuff. I've also seen my gun the sig pro go threw a 5000rd test flawlessly. You can watch that on YouTube plus many many more torture test those guys do with it. Also sigs are kind of pricey but look at the quality you get! My sig pro costs less than a glock and you still get all the great parts! So all in all, I'm a SIG guy, but it's EVERYONE'S OPINIONS on what they like! Just please don't talk bad about sigs if you don't know about them, thank you and SEMPER FI
__________________
HostileSigPro40 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 03:16 PM   #123
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HostileSigPro40 View Post
Are you serious? Ok I'm not putting the glock down, but sigs number one motto is "TO HELL AND BACK RELIABILITY". I do believe your misinformed about the sig. The SIG P229 elite is used in most competitions, and sigs are combat handguns as well!! They can handle everything the glock can and more! Also you can't compare a sig to a glock. Sigs are hammer fired and glocks are striker fired, totally two different firearms. I have the Sig Pro SP2022 in .40s&w and it's the best polymer gun sig has ever produced and I use it with my shooting team and in IDPA and USPSA tournaments, and I promise you it's one of the best weapons I have used for a polymer gun and I'll laydown any kind of money you want and I'll take it up against anyone's glock that is stock now, and we will go up against any test you want and I guarantee my sig pro's gonna come out on top every time! I've seen first hand a guy trying to do a 1000rd test and he blew the guide rod smooth out and before that as the gun started heating up he was having jams and all kinds of stuff. I've also seen my gun the sig pro go threw a 5000rd test flawlessly. You can watch that on YouTube plus many many more torture test those guys do with it. Also sigs are kind of pricey but look at the quality you get! My sig pro costs less than a glock and you still get all the great parts! So all in all, I'm a SIG guy, but it's EVERYONE'S OPINIONS on what they like! Just please don't talk bad about sigs if you don't know about them, thank you and SEMPER FI
Dave Sevigny would like to have a word with you.
Seriously, don't make blanket statements like that, it just makes you look like a fool.
Sigs are good guns, glocks are good guns.
Does sig have a gun they have fired 100,000 rds through like glock?(small dig, had to put it in just to bug the sig guys)
All the torture tests show that they are both the essence of reliability.
Some prefer the sig while others prefer the glock, doesn't mean one is better than the other.
__________________
SteveA is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:59 PM   #124
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
HostileSigPro40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 269
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveA

Dave Sevigny would like to have a word with you.
Seriously, don't make blanket statements like that, it just makes you look like a fool.
Sigs are good guns, glocks are good guns.
Does sig have a gun they have fired 100,000 rds through like glock?(small dig, had to put it in just to bug the sig guys)
All the torture tests show that they are both the essence of reliability.
Some prefer the sig while others prefer the glock, doesn't mean one is better than the other.
I understand we're your coming from but obviously you didn't read my statement in its entirety, and I don't think making statements in my opinion makes me look like a fool! I said that it's my opinion and I've owned glocks and didn't like them so I'm not just commenting on something I know nothing about. Also the reason I made the statement was because I'm part of a shooting team in my area and I shoot in the competition, so I know what I can do! As for me I'm not saying glocks are junk, I too was just responding on sigs side just to keep the thread interesting. Unlike most glock guys who like to start a war over arguing and bragging at how better there glocks are than any firearm out there. I also stated that you can't compare the two because there both totally different guns!! But thank you for your correction and have a nice day. 😁
__________________
HostileSigPro40 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 04:02 PM   #125
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
PrinC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Miami,Florida
Posts: 64
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HostileSigPro40 View Post
Are you serious? Ok I'm not putting the glock down, but sigs number one motto is "TO HELL AND BACK RELIABILITY". I do believe your misinformed about the sig. The SIG P229 elite is used in most competitions, and sigs are combat handguns as well!! They can handle everything the glock can and more! Also you can't compare a sig to a glock. Sigs are hammer fired and glocks are striker fired, totally two different firearms. I have the Sig Pro SP2022 in .40s&w and it's the best polymer gun sig has ever produced and I use it with my shooting team and in IDPA and USPSA tournaments, and I promise you it's one of the best weapons I have used for a polymer gun and I'll laydown any kind of money you want and I'll take it up against anyone's glock that is stock now, and we will go up against any test you want and I guarantee my sig pro's gonna come out on top every time! I've seen first hand a guy trying to do a 1000rd test and he blew the guide rod smooth out and before that as the gun started heating up he was having jams and all kinds of stuff. I've also seen my gun the sig pro go threw a 5000rd test flawlessly. You can watch that on YouTube plus many many more torture test those guys do with it. Also sigs are kind of pricey but look at the quality you get! My sig pro costs less than a glock and you still get all the great parts! So all in all, I'm a SIG guy, but it's EVERYONE'S OPINIONS on what they like! Just please don't talk bad about sigs if you don't know about them, thank you and SEMPER FI
I am yet to see where I spoke about the Sig being a bad pistol. My first sentence suggests that it is a good pistol, just high end, IMO. Secondly i was comparing the pistols and was giving my honest opinion on them. Your opinion about the Sig being hammer fired while the Glock is striker fired is good but should not be seen as a reason not to compare them. By doing this you are implying that I should not compare two cars because one is front wheel drive while the other is rear wheel drive. As a matter of fact, this is the reason why comparisons are made, as people have their differing views on each object, and in this case, pistol. For me, I am looking at reliability, as a weapon that can be counted up when you squeeze that trigger for the projectile to fire, even if it falls in mud, slime or crap. Down to the brass tax, gun for gun.......the Sig is a finely tuned,high end pistol. The glock is a rugged, cheap but reliable pistol that , IMO.....I would go into battle with any day, if every round matters.
__________________
PrinC is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 04:17 PM   #126
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Sonic82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Minneapolis,Minnesota
Posts: 2,901
Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinC View Post
I see the Sig as a high end pistol that is very accurate. It would be a good pistol for competitions.I do not think the Sig can endure the torture of a glock. The Glock, however, is a combat weapon and can be counted upon, through thick n thin, mud, hail or snow and water.
The SIG P226 (which the P228,P229 are based off of) is a Combat weapon, that's exactly what it is. Designed and built to be a Combat weapon. The P226 and Beretta 92 were the only two pistols to pass the Military endurance trials....I'm not sure where you get the notion that SIG's are not combat weapons
__________________
“He who stands for nothing will fall for anything.”
― Alexander Hamilton

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.
Sonic82 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 04:39 PM   #127
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
undumb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 127
Liked 27 Times on 20 Posts

Default

I have a sig p229 .40 cal, my friend has a glock ? .40 cal, ( neither one has ever had a mud bath nor ever will ) we buy ammo in bulk and split it, so far we have found 2 el cheapo brands of ammo that would fail to feed, enough times that he sold me the rest of his share. My sig has chambered every round I have ever put in it... So when the zombies come and ammo is slim pickin's, I'm going with the gun the eats anything I can get my hands on!

__________________
undumb is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 05:01 PM   #128
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Sonic82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Minneapolis,Minnesota
Posts: 2,901
Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinC View Post
For me, I am looking at reliability, as a weapon that can be counted up when you squeeze that trigger for the projectile to fire, even if it falls in mud, slime or crap. Down to the brass tax, gun for gun.......the Sig is a finely tuned,high end pistol. The glock is a rugged, cheap but reliable pistol that , IMO.....I would go into battle with any day, if every round matters.
I believe the Military Trials consisted of this;

Survived exposure to temperatures from -40°F to 140°F, being soaked in salt water, being dropped repeatedly on concrete, and being buried in sand, mud and snow. Additionally,mean rounds before failure) of 35,000 rounds. That number is often touted as the equivalent to five or six times the pistol's service life.

....now what is it again you're talking about?
__________________
“He who stands for nothing will fall for anything.”
― Alexander Hamilton

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.
Sonic82 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:22 PM   #129
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
HostileSigPro40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 269
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic82

I believe the Military Trials consisted of this;

Survived exposure to temperatures from -40°F to 140°F, being soaked in salt water, being dropped repeatedly on concrete, and being buried in sand, mud and snow. Additionally,mean rounds before failure) of 35,000 rounds. That number is often touted as the equivalent to five or six times the pistol's service life.

....now what is it again you're talking about?
LOL!! That's what I was trying to say. Think you proved it best though! I'm not trying to argue with anyone on what is better but I think people just don't understand SIGS and they think there just over priced beauty queens, lol. Like I told him in my previous post, I've owned a glock and I sold it because it didn't perform with all brands of ammo including the cheap stuff plus I hated the way it felt and other wise I never would have bought it but I thought I would try to change the grip by adding a hogue finger groove grip and I even tried a pachmeyer custom grip and it still felt crappy and cheap in my hand. Now my sig feels great and I literally have fired every brand of ammo out there from blazer brass, to Tul-Ammo, to even Wolf and it has fired everything with no problem. The Tul-Ammo even uses steel casings not brass and when I bought those the guy at the counter said you know those have steel casing right, and I was like no I didn't why do you say that and he proceeds to tell me that he just wanted to let me know because alot of people come back and complain that there gun won't shoot them and he asked what type of gun I was using for the .40 S&W and I said oh I gotta SIG I'll be alright because that thing spits out everything I load it with and he grinned and said yep youll be ok, sigs shoot everything. So like I said I guess it's just your own personnel preference, but I'm glad to see some people do agree with me! Thank you sir.
__________________
HostileSigPro40 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 03:08 AM   #130
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Phelenwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 868
Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic82 View Post
I believe the Military Trials consisted of this;
exposure to temperatures from -40°F to 140°F, being soaked in salt water, being dropped repeatedly on concrete, and being buried in sand, mud and snow. Additionally,mean rounds before failure) of 35,000 rounds. That number is often touted as the equivalent to five or six times the pistol's service life.

....now what is it again you're talking about?


Quote:
Originally Posted by HostileSigPro40 View Post
LOL!! That's what I was trying to say. Think you proved it best though! I'm not trying to argue with anyone on what is better but I think people just don't understand SIGS and they think there just over priced beauty queens, lol. Like I told him in my previous post, I've owned a glock and I sold it because it didn't perform with all brands of ammo including the cheap stuff plus I hated the way it felt and other wise I never would have bought it but I thought I would try to change the grip by adding a hogue finger groove grip and I even tried a pachmeyer custom grip and it still felt crappy and cheap in my hand. Now my sig feels great and I literally have fired every brand of ammo out there from blazer brass, to Tul-Ammo, to even Wolf and it has fired everything with no problem. The Tul-Ammo even uses steel casings not brass and when I bought those the guy at the counter said you know those have steel casing right, and I was like no I didn't why do you say that and he proceeds to tell me that he just wanted to let me know because alot of people come back and complain that there gun won't shoot them and he asked what type of gun I was using for the .40 S&W and I said oh I gotta SIG I'll be alright because that thing spits out everything I load it with and he grinned and said yep youll be ok, sigs shoot everything. So like I said I guess it's just your own personnel preference, but I'm glad to see some people do agree with me! Thank you sir.
If I remember correctly the only reason that the Beretta won the trial was because it was $25 cheaper then the Sig P226. How true that is I am not sure, but that was word of mouth from several NCO's that I knew who took part in the trials when I was in the service.
__________________
Phelenwolf is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
sig sauer p6 gutz47 General Handgun Discussion 11 10-26-2011 11:38 PM
Sig Sauer SS 226 X5 What Do You Think? ALS11 General Handgun Discussion 1 05-15-2011 06:05 PM
my first sig sauer County Boy Semi-Auto Handguns 10 01-26-2010 06:19 PM
Sig Sauer dnthmn2004 The Club House 0 02-26-2009 03:30 AM