sig sauer p226 X5 competition .40 S&W.
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > sig sauer p226 X5 competition .40 S&W.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2008, 01:30 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Default sig sauer p226 X5 competition .40 S&W.

is there anyone with some knowledge about that particular model??

beside the G22 i ordered , wich i think is a great day by day work horse, i'd really want to get something special, ''jewel like''.... an ultra fine handgun.

i heard it is a great competion gun.i also heard the ipsc world champion weigan won many championship in fast pace shooting with it.

any imput about it?? does it worth the 2000$ msrp price tag ??

can we say this gun is a real piece of art in the hand of experienced shooters??

i know my question seems a bit snobish,but i really want something special, something i would be very proud of, but something who is very high level quality made, flawless .

thanks to all the pros who take their time to answer such a begginer like me....i'm so crancked since i got my liscence....maybe someone can understand how i feel as novice shooter/owner lol.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-09-2008, 03:27 PM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glockmaniac View Post
is there anyone with some knowledge about that particular model??

beside the G22 i ordered , wich i think is a great day by day work horse, i'd really want to get something special, ''jewel like''.... an ultra fine handgun.

i heard it is a great competion gun.i also heard the ipsc world champion weigan won many championship in fast pace shooting with it.

any imput about it?? does it worth the 2000$ msrp price tag ??

can we say this gun is a real piece of art in the hand of experienced shooters??

i know my question seems a bit snobish,but i really want something special, something i would be very proud of, but something who is very high level quality made, flawless .

thanks to all the pros who take their time to answer such a begginer like me....i'm so crancked since i got my liscence....maybe someone can understand how i feel as novice shooter/owner lol.

mmhahaha!! thanks to all...lol. seems like this gun is very unknown, or ....pretty expensive.

i'm just looking for a jewel that actually work flawlessly for high level comp shooting. i want to buy , but only ONE TIME, like, the gun of a lifetime....over here ,i'll not be allowed to get as many as i want, so, this one i will keep it forever...see??
226x5-comp-left.jpg  

Old 08-14-2010, 10:06 PM   #3

Default Sig X5

I own the Sig Sauer X6 9mm which is the level one model with a 6" barrel. Same as the X5 except the barrel.
I also own the X5 Competition in .40 S&W.

The Level 1 X6 is definitely a better gun, hand fitted, hand made, and the adjustable trigger is worth the extra money alone. It's a single action with a match grade 2 lb. trigger. I use it for IPSC and IDPA in limited class. It's the finest gun and most accurate I've ever shot.

The X5 Competition is almost the same gun except for the trigger and shorter barrel. It wasn't hand fitted by sig but the tolerances are so perfect you'd think it was. I was shooting a Kimber 9mm TLE for IDPA and my scores went up almost 20% after I started using the X5. They went up another 20% after using the X6.

These guns have very tight tolerances but will still shoot reloads and Walmart factory Federal ammo. They are not finicky with ammo at all. I recently shot an IPSC match and went through 300 rnds of reload ammo from a friend without a single jam.

They are very expensive. The X6 was $2500 and X5 $1500 but they're worth every penny. STI competition guns are more expensive and are VERY finicky with ammo. Spend the money and get the X5.
Mike

Old 08-14-2010, 10:16 PM   #4

Default X5

I forgot to mention:

If you want the best and have the money, buy the Sig X5 Level 1 in 9mm. You'll pay around $2100 on Gunbroker. Most IPSC and IDPA shooters are going to 9mm because of the ammo cost, accuracy and capacity. The X5 Level 1 comes with 2 19 round mags and the .40 is only 14. Ammo is also half the price because you can buy Walmart Federal boxes of 50 for less than $10. Nobody really shoots match ammo unless they're reloading their own .38 super. The level 1 gun has an adjustable match trigger and fancy wood grips. The best thing about it is that it's tolerances are literally perfect but it'll feed any ammo you can throw at it. I have at least 5000 rounds through my X6 without a single jam.

Old 10-02-2011, 09:06 PM   #5

Default X5

Hey i got a NIB Sig Sauer P226 S X5 Lv-1 (S.A) with the Nill wood grips, custom magwell, adj. rear sight, adj. trigger set at 1.5 lbs comes with a leather IWB holster one 19rnd mag case and gun lock

again this is New IN Box only shot by sig.. can txt pix

if interested please get a hold of me at 208-964-0276 txt or call any hour is fine

Price $2,100