sig sauer p226 mk25 - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > sig sauer p226 mk25

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2012, 05:36 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

If he doesn't answer. Tell me. Now I wanna know. It gonna bother me all day A hole. Lol

Old 02-13-2012, 05:38 PM   #22

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I tried googling it. Couldnt find it. Haha

Old 02-13-2012, 05:56 PM   #23

Liked 5001 Times on 2426 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Quote:
Originally Posted by NvRbanArms View Post
I tried googling it. Couldnt find it. Haha
Not sure which one your tried to google so I'll answer both.

Army Infantry trains at FT Benning GA, sand hill to be specific. Now I served from 91 to 97 and have not kept up with recent events. Living 2 hrs south of FT LEWIS WA I know they're doing boot camp there again but don't think there training Infantry. "could be wrong as Iraq and Afghan needs could have required added training sites".

The cyclic rate of fire on the M249 used to adjustable from 750 to 1000 RPM about 92 the "adjustable nob" was replaced and they were set at 750 RPM. still fast enough for the leading nose of the next round to hit the neck of the shell casing being ejected and impart a groove on the neck. This groove is widest at the mouth and tapers in toward the casings belt.

If you ever come across a pile of spent .556 casing with these types of grooves you'll know someone was rocking a SAW.

Tack

Old 02-13-2012, 06:12 PM   #24

Liked 48 Times on 38 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1

Ok I'll play along. You were Infantry. Where did you train and what unique characteristic does the M249 saw impart on spent shell casings?

And remember, you started this.
Well since we have taken over this thread which was not my intent and I still want to know if any other Sig other than the MK25 has the naval anchor?

I did basic and AIT at Ft Benning, assigned to Ft Campbell were I also did some training there ( you should know the two schools offered there right?)
As far as your question, I dont know, I didn't spend a lot of time policing my brass, I can tell you its an open bolt, gas operated weapon, which unlike the m4 has a gas regulator than can be adjusted by hand to change the cyclic rate of fire. It is belt fed but will fire magazines as well but I never had good luck with those.
I also have not touched one of those in at least 10 years and before that it was when I went back to Benning for some specialized training and before that I think I was a PFC.

I'm sure we can go back and forth on what each of us knows or doesn't know or did or didn't do I'm not sure what that proves or doesn't prove. I can say I was very good at my job.......an expert if you will.....at least that what's on my DD-214

Old 02-13-2012, 06:25 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunRunner View Post
Well since we have taken over this thread which was not my intent and I still want to know if any other Sig other than the MK25 has the naval anchor?

I did basic and AIT at Ft Benning, assigned to Ft Campbell were I also did some training there ( you should know the two schools offered there right?)
As far as your question, I dont know, I didn't spend a lot of time policing my brass, I can tell you its an open bolt, gas operated weapon, which unlike the m4 has a gas regulator than can be adjusted by hand to change the cyclic rate of fire. It is belt fed but will fire magazines as well but I never had good luck with those.
I also have not touched one of those in at least 10 years and before that it was when I went back to Benning for some specialized training and before that I think I was a PFC.
I'm sure we can go back and forth on what each of us knows or doesn't know or did or didn't do I'm not sure what that proves or doesn't prove. I can say I was very good at my job.......an expert if you will.....at least that what's on my DD-214
Regarding the MK question, I don't know. I've owned a 226 with rail and sig lights since 04, have helped two friends decide on the same gun, and trust mine as my bedside pistol because it's the only auto that's never malfunctioned on me. Navy insignia or not it's a great pistol.

The 1 school at Ft Campbell "during my time 92 to 94 was Air Assault and the best part was watching the Pough's cry thief way through the joke of a road march.

Which unit were you with?

Tack

Old 02-13-2012, 06:27 PM   #26

Well I guess I didn't respond fast enough, any who. I served from 1997 to 2003. I was assigned to 502nd and later went to work for the 101st Pre-Ranger school which had the highest number of graduates from Ranger School, not saying it was because of me or anything.............

The other is PLDC, I didn't count the Pre-Ranger school because it a division only school.

Yeah that was funny, we use to run that course for PT just ****s and giggles, and funnier than that is watching a them try to land nav in PLDC and D&C wasn't any better...........

Now lets not discuss politics and we can be friends. :-)

Last edited by GunRunner; 02-13-2012 at 06:37 PM.

Old 02-13-2012, 07:57 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunRunner View Post
Well I guess I didn't respond fast enough, any who. I served from 1997 to 2003. I was assigned to 502nd and later went to work for the 101st Pre-Ranger school which had the highest number of graduates from Ranger School, not saying it was because of me or anything.............

The other is PLDC, I didn't count the Pre-Ranger school because it a division only school.

Yeah that was funny, we use to run that course for PT just ****s and giggles, and funnier than that is watching a them try to land nav in PLDC and D&C wasn't any better...........

Now lets not discuss politics and we can be friends. :-)
Sounds good. I was with A Co 2/502 and got in on one of the last Sanai rotations while it still rotated throughout the 18th ABC.

Did PLDC in Korea and land nav was quite sad. The only No Go was my room mate. Freaking ER technician who'd never touched a map. Despite 4 personal trips of additional training the guy just could not keep his head, got panicked by the time, and NG'd twice for a wash out. Could not decide if I wanted to blame myself or shoot the kid for being a damn oxygen thief.

Tack

Old 02-13-2012, 08:40 PM   #28

Well on my land nav course their was this cute little thing walking around aimlessly and I tried to give her assistance but she said she was good. The instructor told her to keep her map oriented North and North was the top part of the clip board so as long as she was looking at the clip board she thought she was going in a North direction..........she was not, she had wondered into my southern napping hide out because I had finished hours prior and there was no price for comming in first.

Old 02-13-2012, 09:15 PM   #29

Yeah, the females were a trip. PLDC was the only time I had to deal with them. I was squad leader durring the barracks inspection phase and refused to inspect their wall lockers. Bra's and panties just don't belong in my book but you already know I'm a nuckle dragging conservative.

Saw a great tee shirt yesterday!

"I'd rather be a Right Wing Nutjob than a Liberal with no Nuts and no Job"

Tack

Old 02-13-2012, 10:12 PM   #30

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1
Yeah, the females were a trip. PLDC was the only time I had to deal with them. I was squad leader durring the barracks inspection phase and refused to inspect their wall lockers. Bra's and panties just don't belong in my book but you already know I'm a nuckle dragging conservative.

Saw a great tee shirt yesterday!

"I'd rather be a Right Wing Nutjob than a Liberal with no Nuts and no Job"

Tack
Heyyyyy....I resemble that remark.