Sig Sauer P2022

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Sig Sauer P2022

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2010, 08:03 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Sig Sauer SP2022

This is my first official slide gun. Got a great deal on it, so I figured what the hell... Time for me to become a little more "modernized" I guess. Not to mention that 9mm rounds are sooooooo much cheaper and easier to come by that what I usually pop off. Not too sure how well we're going to get along (me being the hardcore revolver girl that I am). I'm damn excited though. Have heard some wonderful things about the Sigs. Taking it out for the 1st time tomorrow.

Anyone have any reviews/tips they'd like to share? This is a whole new ballgame for me.

getattachment.aspx.jpg  

Last edited by Jynx; 03-30-2010 at 08:24 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-30-2010, 02:14 PM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Congrats! The Pro-9 was my fist SIG also, and I've never had any problems with it at all. The only thing I might change is to smooth up the double action trigger pull--for some reason I have a problem over-reaching the trigger on this pistol which makes for a difficult pull and bad accuracy--just need to remember to pull with the end of my finger. But the quality is first rate and it is a joy to shoot. Let me know how your trigger feels after a few hundred rounds through it--mine has smoothed up and lightened up a little, although it wasn't bad to start with. Good luck!

"Adversity does not make a man--it reveals him"

Old 03-30-2010, 02:34 PM   #3

Liked 23 Times on 7 Posts

The Sig snobs will give you the cold shoulder as they aren't fans of the poly Sigs. I've owned a SigPro in 9mm and .40 and I found them to be great guns. I think you'll enjoy it...

Old 03-30-2010, 02:42 PM   #4

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Never get to old to try new things.

Have fun and post us a range report.

"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors."

Old 03-30-2010, 03:03 PM   #5

Liked 134 Times on 78 Posts
Likes Given: 245

i find it hard to believe you wont enjoy the hell out of shooting that nice new pistol....

Old 03-30-2010, 10:26 PM   #6

Good for you! I would also like to try a poly Sig. Just haven't found a deal I can't turn down, yet.

"My thinker must be broken"

Old 03-31-2010, 12:06 AM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Well, didn't get to take it out this morning like I wanted. Ended up having a lovely gas-pipe leak at my house that I had to take care. BUT, I did spend some time tearing it down and getting to know it this morning while I was waiting for the gas guys to come. For a beginner auto pistol, it is surprisingly simple to figure out. Me not being a hardcore expert on the subject, I can definitely appreciate that.

Friday is my next day off. I'll spend some more quality time with it then.

Old 09-11-2012, 08:25 AM   #8

Liked 22 Times on 19 Posts

great pistol, it was my first gun also. about 500-600 rounds through with no problems. wonderful gun.