Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Sig Sauer Mosquito......Pink

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2011, 05:08 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 279 Times on 200 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Sig Sauer Mosquito......Pink

I just bought my oldlady a pink sig sauer mosquito today for christmas. Everytime we go to the range she just stares at it and always talks about having a .22 handgun so i thought it just made sence to me. Any body have experience with this handgun?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-18-2011, 11:22 AM   #2

Liked 14 Times on 8 Posts

You can find a few threads regarding this weapon. I ignored the negative feedback I read online & purchased a mosquito ( not pink) a few weeks back. I have taken it to the range twice & put 300 rds through each time (cci mini mags) & I while I like the look and feel of this weapon there are some definite fte & ftf issues with this weapon.....I have been told this is common with semi auto .22 pistols?

Old 12-18-2011, 11:31 AM   #3
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6675 Times on 4038 Posts
Likes Given: 7938

I have a Ruger Mark II and I have had no FTF or FTE issues. But....that doesn't mean there aren't other good .22 pistols out there. I know people who love their Mosquitos and I know others who didn't like their mosquitos..........just like any other gun. I'm betting you are going to like it. I would like to have a pink gun, myself. If you have any FTF or FTE problems, just try a different brand of ammo.

Let us know how your lady likes it and I'd like to see a range report and a picture of the gun itself.

Old 12-18-2011, 12:45 PM   #4
AZL

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I bought one for my daughter's upcoming 8th birthday. We haven't taken it out yet...her birthday isn't until April.

Having said that...I wouldn't be too worried about FTF and FTE issues, I know that sounds like blasphemy BUT .22 pistols can be VERY ammo finicky and it will take a minute or two to find out which yours likes the best.

I had this problem with a BuckMark. I really like CCI Stingers...the BuckMark doesn't. SOOOOO....I had to compromise, and feed it Remington "Thunderbolt" and it likes those just fine.

Whenever I take a new .22 out, I take a pretty good assortment of ammo. If it's a choke-a-matic with one brand, chances are it will LOVE another and gobble it up like a fat guy at a buffet.

Surprize me...hose out your mangina, quit whining and actually DO something.

Old 12-18-2011, 02:22 PM   #5

Liked 2175 Times on 1468 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Well, I bought 2 some time back for the wife & me - (NOT PINK THO)

Traded them off pretty quick

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET