Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > sig police trade-in...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2008, 09:06 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default sig police trade-in...

http://www.jgsales.com/product_info.php/p/sig-sauer-p6-p225-9mm-caliber%2C-semi-auto-sigsauer-pistol-backordered-/products_id/1903?osCsid=fff2a6657b5d7f365eae7fec6e9b0cc1

I've been thinking about the sig p6 german police trade-ins for a CCW, and JG Sales or the local gun shows have had them available pretty cheap. Any thoughts on this firearm? I handled one and it is VERY nice, especially for the price!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-03-2008, 09:35 PM   #2

I can't really give you an answer on the p6, but Sig has a trade in program for LE. The guns that are traded in are checked by their own gunsmiths, worn parts replaced, and given a 1 year warranty. Contact SIG or your local dealer. I don't know if JG got that gun you listed from SIG or not or if it has any type of warranty. Good luck!

Old 09-03-2008, 10:13 PM   #3

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3471 Times on 1606 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

+1 on what Supergus said.

Check with Sig - if it comes with their factory "reconditioned" warranty, that is a great price to get your hands on a really fine weapon.

JD

Old 09-04-2008, 11:07 AM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Agree with our comrades, cant go wrong if you are careful about the price (need to watch for the best deal, there are some good ones out there!) I am on a wait list for one myself! Good luck, let us knnow if you get one.

Old 09-11-2008, 01:11 PM   #5
Supporting Member

Liked 42 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 11

J&G Gun Sales will HAND-PICK a pistol for you if you ask them to. There is a small fee but it's well worth it. I have bought SEVERAL weapons and tons of ammo from them. They are good folks!

I see the SIG is still on back-order...

Old 09-28-2008, 05:12 AM   #6

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I bought one yesterday. I figure that at that price, how can you go wrong with a Sig. I work part time at the gun shop where I bought it, so I hand picked my own.

Buy one, I think you'll like it.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 10-01-2008, 01:34 AM   #7

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quick update, mine P6 finally came in, $290 out the door. Shot it the next day, functioned perfectly with FMJ, and good groups. However it had some issues with some of the defense ammo I had (I had a mix of pieces of leftover boxes) so I cant tell you for sure which had issues. It wasnt the ammo (no FTEs) it was all failure to feeds. The mags were both good, it always happened with the same rounds. I think it was Win silvertip 147gr but I cant tell you for sure. More to follow...

Old 10-11-2008, 09:32 AM   #8
Supporting Member

Liked 42 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly68 View Post
Quick update, mine P6 finally came in, $290 out the door. Shot it the next day, functioned perfectly with FMJ, and good groups. However it had some issues with some of the defense ammo I had (I had a mix of pieces of leftover boxes) so I cant tell you for sure which had issues. It wasnt the ammo (no FTEs) it was all failure to feeds. The mags were both good, it always happened with the same rounds. I think it was Win silvertip 147gr but I cant tell you for sure. More to follow...
You may need to polish the feed ramp for whatever ammo that isn't going in properly.

Old 06-24-2009, 04:00 AM   #9

Liked 17 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 52

The only bad thing about a Sig P6/225 is finding magazines for it. But for the price you can not beat it unless it was free. WOW what a deal that would be!!