Sig p290 - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Sig p290

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2010, 10:25 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
If you're talking about the PT709, folks here in GA aren't that happy with it. On a local forum here, about 5 people bought them and posted rave reviews. About 2 weeks later the first of them hit the classifieds - and within a month all 5 were listed for sale. Supposedly it is very ammo picky, the mags aren't great, and overall they weren't happy. I wouldn't give a quarter for any Taurus polymer pistol as I've had a lemon and won't be burned again...
Well, looks like I'm not buying one, haha.

I was a little suspicious since the gun was so cheap.

I'll wait for some reviews on this new sig 290.

I'd hate to be cheap when buying a gun that might save my ass one day.

Old 11-02-2010, 07:10 PM   #12
NRS

It'll be interesting to see how this one goes....the 250 was not well recieved. This has some things going for it.

Old 11-02-2010, 08:21 PM   #13

Looks good but so did the 250. Wanted to see a photo of the 8 round mag in it.
6 is to few for me.
The nice part is the $500 retail price. Show me the discount price and some user feed back before I commit.

Old 11-26-2010, 09:30 PM   #14

Default P290

The P290 will be like all other Sig Sauer firearms, top quality and totally reliable. From what I can tell Sig is responding to the new market of concealable firearms. If you remember they came out with six new varients of their P238 series pistols recently. Evidently they are confident of the models success. I am planning on picking one up to add to my Sig collection for Christmas. The P290 will also be another addition when it becomes available next year.

I am partial to the Equinox variety of the Sig lines. I currently have a couple of them in the P220 and P229, and not only do they look good, but they perform well. I have carried a P239 since I recieved my CCW, in 1994. Out of all the rounds fired, I have never had a misfire or a malfunction. Like any top quality firearm if you take care of it, it will take care of you. Remember a Sig likes to be shot! The more you shoot them the better they like it.

I know everyone has an opinion, but I would like to add that Sig is one of the best of the best, when it comes to defensive hand guns. Very few firearm manufactures put their products to the test like Sig Sauer, when you purchase a Sig you will always get your money's worth.

Old 07-17-2011, 06:50 PM   #15

Default P290 Concealed Carry

I could not wait to see the P290; what a dissapointment:
It has a double stack magazine: It is squat and fat: Not a good choice for concealed carry: I go back and forth between a Kahr PM9 and a Walther PPS:
Even the Sig P239 is a better choice for concealed carry: Sig missed the boat with this one big time:

Old 07-18-2011, 09:48 PM   #16

get the CM9 over the PM9
unless you have the cash
you could save a lot of money

Attitude is Everything