Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   Sig P250c 9mm Ejector Issue (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/sig-p250c-9mm-ejector-issue-62010/)

sdiver35 04-07-2012 01:53 AM

Sig P250c 9mm Ejector Issue

Has anyone had erratic ejector issues from the Sig P250C? My wife upgraded from her P238 and has mixed emotions now. She has had several casing ejected directly back at her including one that entered above her glasses and left a bad burn on her eye brow and upper cheek. We went to the range again last weekend to video her shooting and saw 2 casings again out of 60 or so where it came right back at her.

Her form and grip are sound, just not sure where the ejection issue is coming from. I've shot it and not had the issue either.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Kenney 04-07-2012 02:21 AM

You might want to have the gun looked at, if you can't determine the problem yourself. If you're not having a problem, than it might be your wife is built in such a way that the casings would only hit her. But to me it just sounds like a worn ejector or an under powered spring.

sdiver35 04-07-2012 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenney
You might want to have the gun looked at, if you can't determine the problem yourself. If you're not having a problem, than it might be your wife is built in such a way that the casings would only hit her. But to me it just sounds like a worn ejector or an under powered spring.

Thanks for the reply. The gun is new and of course we can't rule out a faulty part. If we get the same results after around the 300 round post break in period we will send it in for repair. Just curious if others had similar results with the same pistol.

Kenney 04-07-2012 02:39 AM

They sell plenty of aftermarket performance parts that'll solve the problem, but if it's new, than you might want to contact Sig Sauer. They'll probably repair it for free.

USMC_Richey 04-07-2012 06:51 AM

I would also suggest watching to see if it happens to you. If casings are hitting you, then consider it getting looked at. If not, and don't take this the wrong way, but it could just be her. Not necessarily her form but maybe her stance or something else, so it just happens that 1 in every 30 cases hit her.

Shoots2little 04-11-2012 01:05 PM

Is this happening with just one brand or lot of ammo? I shoot one lefty and haven't had an issue with getting hit. I have shot all three frame sizes quite a bit lately (500 rnds each at least) without that happening at all. Interesting.

Kenney 04-11-2012 04:41 PM

Sigs also come dripping in gun oil so a good cleaning is in order.

sdiver35 04-28-2012 09:03 PM

We went to the range again and the problem has worked itself out. No more casings coming right back at her, but it doesn't matter she now wants another range gun!